Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 07:30:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new member - a name that is familiar?  (Read 12359 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2003, 04:42:22 pm »

Surely it's got to be the end of "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac  (Grand Prix Theme)
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2003, 05:12:13 pm »

This is going to be fun !!!
What ever it is, I can get my brother in-law to re-arrange it on his mass of electronic gizmos to make it sound like an ice crean van chime too. He owes me a favour, unless he wants the beans spilt big style.
Our favourites for the last few years have been the themes from the Great Escape and the Dambusters, just imagine those in one of those jinglyjangly bells.
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2003, 05:37:23 pm »

How about an air raid siren. Although it might scare the s**t out of a few of the older locals.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2003, 05:58:22 pm »

The list goes on. I imagine 'Ride Of The Valkyries' done in the Ice Cream Van Style would also be a little surreal.
Will it be selling 69's?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2003, 06:16:29 pm »

And can I have "Monkeys Blood" on mine?

And who's going to be your Mr Whippy? I know a Mr Softee...

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2003, 06:28:24 pm »

Who's got the crushed nuts!!   Undecided
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2003, 11:13:04 pm »

Come  on now - it's got be "The Boys are Back in Town" !!!

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Peter
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2003, 11:59:15 pm »

Can you imagine "Born to be Wild" on jingle jangles, No? Well,  neither can I.....
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2003, 12:00:07 pm »

We had thought about calling it Miss Whippy and bring some hot leather clad dominatix to serve the 69ers and dish out the odd bit of discipline. Cheesy
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2003, 12:10:16 pm »

A bit of topic but similar.

When I install the Xmas decorations in the shopping centres along with santas animation, I always ask the designers about doing a 'Santa's Garotto'. You know the sort where you bring your kids down, pay a quid and watch them get garotted. This is because I'm normally hacked of with xmas by mid November.

Roll up Roll up. Come and GET it.

Stu
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2003, 02:19:49 pm »

Hey Rusty, got the perfect jingle. It's very sixties and features on the "La Ronde Infernale" video of the '69 race which I think was the freebie Motorpsort mag gave away a couple of months ago on the cover.

Difficult to convey on the forum, if you haven't got the vid I'll make a wav file for you.

Cheers

Rick
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2003, 04:10:11 pm »

I do have a copy of that monsieur, but I haven't given it a play yet, I'll give it a listen.
Do you remember a hertz hi-top van on the route down hooting at you. Spotted the Zarse poster in the window of the Pug. That was me and Trayboy, apologies for the close pass.
Rusty Cheesy

The Brethren Rock
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2003, 04:24:45 pm »

I do have a copy of that monsieur, but I haven't given it a play yet, I'll give it a listen.
Do you remember a hertz hi-top van on the route down hooting at you. Spotted the Zarse poster in the window of the Pug. That was me and Trayboy, apologies for the close pass.
Rusty Cheesy

Now you mention it I do remember a fairly close call and thinking "steady on old fruit" (or something like that!!!) - where was it? Somewhere on the autoroute or a stretch of dual carriageway I think (I've slept since then and memory starting to fade with age). I was taking things steady as the Pug gets a bit hot when climbing some of those French hills at speed (nature of the beast I've been led to believe).

As for the potential jingle, it goes something like "les vingt-quatre-heures du mans, ho-ho-ho-ho-hi-hon, never been won by Citroen.... (OK last bit might just have been a little alcoholically enhanced over the years - but you'll know it when you hear it. If I get a chance, I'll dig the vid out over the weekend and remind myself whereabouts in the tape it is.

Having a post Le Mans piss-up this weekend with me ol' mucka who couldn't make it to LM this year coz his father died just before. So much Leffe and Kroney to be consumed this weekend methinks. Going to put a tent up in the back garden, light the barbie and build a beer wall!! And play the sounds of LM CD!!!
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2003, 05:25:11 pm »

Quote from: The Rickmeister

[quote
Now you mention it I do remember a fairly close call and thinking "steady on old fruit" (or something like that!!!) - where was it? Somewhere on the autoroute or a stretch of dual carriageway I think (I've slept since then and memory starting to fade with age). I was taking things steady as the Pug gets a bit hot when climbing some of those French hills at speed (nature of the beast I've been led to believe).

It was between Neufchatel and Rouen on the Auto on a hill, van was cranked up and flat out as it falls to 65 on the ascent.
Didn't  mean to scare you fella I was just too exited at seeing Zarse's poster in the Pug.
Rusty
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 05:27:42 pm by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2003, 05:36:17 pm »

Having a post Le Mans piss-up this weekend with me ol' mucka who couldn't make it to LM this year coz his father died just before. So much Leffe and Kroney to be consumed this weekend methinks. Going to put a tent up in the back garden, light the barbie and build a beer wall!! And play the sounds of LM CD!!!
Respect. Condolences to your 'ol' mucka', just make sure you get totally and completely bladdered in the finest LM tradition and see the old fella off properly.
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: