Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 12:20:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: F1 or Moto GP
Formula 1 - 2 (7.1%)
Moto GP - 26 (92.9%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 or Moto GP?  (Read 7842 times)
Rob
CA Veteran

i prefer 'em continental!!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2005, 07:45:23 pm »

i have never really watched moto gp all that much in the past, but after having watched the first 2 races of the new series i have come to the conclusion that it is much more exciting than F1. what are your views?

tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 07:59:15 pm »

its blatantly more interesting but for some reason i can never be arsed to watch it. i'll always know when and where the next f1 race is, but can't build up the enthusiasm for moto gp.
Rob
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 08:12:28 pm »

well, thats what i thought, and while i will still watch (most of) the f1 races, the moto gp is more exciting

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 08:30:59 pm »

its blatantly more interesting but for some reason i can never be arsed to watch it. i'll always know when and where the next f1 race is, but can't build up the enthusiasm for moto gp.

Hmmm, maybe if you saved your brain cells Tink, instead of sampling "substances" then you would be able to view various internet sites and know when the next Moto GP race was.

That said, I hope you are still the official CA supplier this year and that you will rectify last years problems of the oack of chocolate brownies for those of us that don't smoke!!
rcutler
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 09:15:22 pm »

Remember JP. Tink is going in his dads motorhome. If he gets cought then he will be writing cheques for the rest of his life
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 09:24:38 pm »

moto gp any day just change the commentators, though not as bad as british super bikes

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 10:09:32 pm »

Its Moto GP that gets my vote, its real racing where several bikes are split by less than a second.

Todays viewing was even better because we were treated to the 24 hour bike race from LM as well as Estoril.

Jem
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 10:29:32 pm »

I swore I would never go to another Formula 1 after my first Le Mans, and it has now got to the point where I don't even follow F1 on the telly any more. Therefore it has to be Moto for me.

I'm sorry, but why pay £150.00 quid to watch a 1.5 hour race which has been bastardised by a poison dwarf, when i can pay £45.00 and watch 24 hours of real racing with great company, great wine and normally better weather in France.

PS, when does this years F1 actually start  Wink
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 10:44:28 pm »

Rob, can you add a third option please -

3.  Watching paint dry

Steve East Anglian cobras

tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 10:54:42 pm »

Hmmm, maybe if you saved your brain cells Tink, instead of sampling "substances" then you would be able to view various internet sites and know when the next Moto GP race was.

That said, I hope you are still the official CA supplier this year and that you will rectify last years problems of the oack of chocolate brownies for those of us that don't smoke!!

Remember JP. Tink is going in his dads motorhome. If he gets cought then he will be writing cheques for the rest of his life

a situation whereby i feel compromised.....
Rob
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 12:33:21 am »

Its Moto GP that gets my vote, its real racing where several bikes are split by less than a second.

and as in the first race in spain where rossi nudged gibernea, think of the outcry had schumacher or any of the drivers hit another guy off on the last corner, then go on to win!

Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 12:58:18 am »

and as in the first race in spain where rossi nudged gibernea, think of the outcry had schumacher or any of the drivers hit another guy off on the last corner, then go on to win!

Whats all this if then?? Schumacher has driven people off the road, repeatedly... back when there was overtaking in F1.  It's like watching trains race.....

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 12:51:25 pm »

No contest, MotoGP real racing.
So much so the poison dwarf's been sniffing round it for years. Angry
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 12:52:31 pm by Barry » Logged
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 01:38:05 pm »

I swore I would never go to another Formula 1 after my first Le Mans, and it has now got to the point where I don't even follow F1 on the telly any more. Therefore it has to be Moto for me.

I'm sorry, but why pay £150.00 quid to watch a 1.5 hour race which has been bastardised by a poison dwarf, when i can pay £45.00 and watch 24 hours of real racing with great company, great wine and normally better weather in France.

PS, when does this years F1 actually start  Wink

On the button, there can't be a better value Sports event anywhere, is there??
Fax
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 02:16:49 pm »

Your fricking kidding right?  This is even a question?
I've beat on this soapbox long enough but for old times sake, I began following F1 in 1970 when I was eight. For two decades I absolutely ate slept and breathed F1, got up early on Sunday mornings to watch the races live from Europe, had a subscription to GPI from its inception to the last issue, still have an original JPS Lotus jacket, etc.  Around 1991 or 92 I began to realize that F1 was no longer the sport I fell in love with, it was no longer about the racing and all about making money.  Moto GP reminds me alot of what F1 used to be.
Fax
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: