Club Arnage
September 25, 2024, 09:25:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After the race, which ferry ?  (Read 6885 times)
r4_rick
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2005, 09:58:29 pm »

Hello All
First timer to CA and after 15 years of saying I'm going to Le Mans, this year tickets and site are booked.  Just need some advice on the return ferry.  Whats it like getting away after the race ?  Had to book the Bassecar campsite.    Have decided to do the calais route and we are using a friends camper van, so max speed will be 60-70.  
I have decided to book the ferry early morning on Thursday so we can get to the site late afternoon Thurs, is this adviseable or could we leave it until Friday afternoon to arrive.  Any advice appreciated.

Rick
r4_rick
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 10:07:55 pm »

got the name of the campsite totally wrong its..Beausejour
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 11:49:02 pm »

if you arrive on thursday you can catch free practise in the eavening on the Porsche curve

Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 12:52:54 am »

R4, firstly welcome to the mad house, all I can say is the earlier the better! Grin

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 03:30:24 am »

Hi Rick,
          Welcome! Arriving Thursday afternoon will work fine. I suggest as you are going Calais return late Monday leaves you the option of staying at the track Sunday night or joining the dash to the ferry and spending the night in an hotel. I expect others will be along soon to tell of the fun to be had at various stops on Sunday night.
Canada Phil
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 07:52:17 am »

Nothing more depressing than having to pack up as the race is just finishing (or before it's finished Smokie!)..

The only stop I'll be making on Sunday night is on the campsite and a leisurely Monday return!

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 11:12:46 am »

What race?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 11:15:06 am »

What race?

Not sure but apparently something is happening in Florida in just under 7 weeks time!!  Wink
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 02:22:44 pm »

Stay over on the Sunday, a great night on MB, and stroll down to the port of exit on Monday.
We do this every year.
Brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 03:34:03 pm »

I agree, get there as soon as you can. Beausejour should have camping spaces to choose from on Thursday, but by Friday there may only be a few hobson's choices... if indeed it's possible to have a 'few' hobson's choices!!

Sunday night is as much part of the whole event as Thursday and Friday nights so it's not worth gong all that way to miss out!

Just make sure you leave Le Mans in plenty of time for a puncture on the way to the ferry port... two years on the bounce!!   Embarrassed

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 05:53:03 pm »

Yes, if you're Calais bound, you're best getting a 17:00 or 18:00 ish sailing on Monday.  That'll give you all day to hammer back up to Calais.

We leave around 09:00 Monday morning and stop off for a leisurley luncheon of pickled pigs hoof half way.  Then a stop over at the cheap booze shop before boarding the ferry.

As has been said above, it's worth staying for Sunday night, there's plenty of pissed people about and we burn all the discarded plastic deck chairs and tables  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 06:19:27 pm »

After many years staying onsite for the sunday fireworks, the last 2 we have decamped to a hotel for the sunday evening.

It is very welcome having a bath etc, but beware that alot of French cafes etc en-route are shut, getting a hot meal sunday evening is not as staight forwad as it should be and your choice is restricted.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 01:21:24 am »

Open petrol stations are a bit few and far between too on Sunday night so if you are planning to go all the way to Calais on Sunday top up before Saturday...and refill whereever you see one open en route, if you might run short.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 01:41:31 am »

Open petrol stations are a bit few and far between too on Sunday night so if you are planning to go all the way to Calais on Sunday top up before Saturday...and refill whereever you see one open en route, if you might run short.

gOT CAUGHT OUT IN 2002 TRYING TO GET TO lE hAVRE FOR 0800. bIKE RAN OUT WAY TO SOON.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: