Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:03:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Kent  (Read 13984 times)
Mr. Invincible Mou
« on: November 25, 2004, 07:43:37 pm »

Just a quick post to say Hi to everybody. Looks like a friendly Forum, and hopefully after I have read through the posts I can add some input.

Been going to Le Mans now for the last 18 years, and plan to double that figure  Grin although the doctor and the Mrs might disagree  Shocked
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 12:47:24 am »

after I have read through the posts I can add some input.

No need to read 'em all before starting...just jump in.

Welcome!

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 10:06:48 am »

Welcome to the jungle. Youv'e been going for 18 years, Iv'e been going for 14. I havn't seen you there, could be something to do with your name.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004, 10:14:53 am by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004, 02:34:36 pm »

Hi
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 03:01:33 pm »

Just a quick post to say Hi to everybody. Looks like a friendly Forum, and hopefully after I have read through the posts I can add some input.

Been going to Le Mans now for the last 18 years, and plan to double that figure  Grin although the doctor and the Mrs might disagree  Shocked

If you read all the posts before you start contributing it'll be well past next years' race Smiley

As Smokie says just dive right in, any old nonsense will do.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 07:27:03 pm »

If you read all the posts before you start contributing it'll be well past next years' race Smiley

Well I had to say something to break the ice!!

Thanks for the welcome though, nice to  be here.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 11:58:42 pm »

Now, now, steady on old chap - cant have the standards being rasied too high now

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 09:19:15 pm »

Originally hailing from Kent meself like, whereabouts are you?

Born and bred around Welling and Sidcup but latterly was in Gillingham and then nr. Ashford before emigrating "north" 6 years ago to the flatlands of Lincolnshire!

Ooh, and welcome to the madhouse  Grin
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 10:08:31 pm »

From the wilds of Chislehurst (near Bromley for the ones not born and bred in the area like yourself).

I've supped many a few in the Sidcup and Bexley area, and my brother now lives in Halling near Rochester, so not too far from Gillingham.

What tragedy led to you moving up North?? Surely it cannot have been simply for the fishing?
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2004, 11:37:53 pm »

Probably easier cycling, fewer hills Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2004, 11:01:26 am »

Probably easier cycling, fewer hills Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ah, been found out!!!  Wink Used to cycle round Chis n Brom loads in me youth (long time ago!!). Supping houses frequented in Sidcup and Bexley were usually Ye Olde Black Horse and the Iron Lung (Horse) in Sidcup, and the George, the Kings Head and the Black Horse in Bexley. Those were the days..... Haven't been back to the area for yonks but still keep in touch with loads of old mates.

Move "oop north" was purely for a desire for a bigger house and I work from home so not tied to area. Bit longer to travel down to Lemons though....
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2004, 08:43:41 pm »

Grin Yep, I've drunk in all of those. I spend most of my supping time in either the Ramblers Rest, or now that one of my mates has moved to Bexley (did you know the old looney bin is now a housing estate??  Shocked ) the Kings Head in Bexley high st. Which is quite strange because all the people I used to drink with in Bromley 20 years ago seem to frequent this place.

Quite funny seeing all the 40 year old wrinkly divorcees trying to get it on with their old flames, who are now only interested in their daughters  Grin
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2004, 10:21:56 am »

Quite funny seeing all the 40 year old wrinkly divorcees trying to get it on with their old flames, who are now only interested in their daughters  Grin

Glad it's not just me then!! (Although I am still married  Wink )

Sounds like you are of similar vintage to a large contingent of the CAers. A whole raft of us have recently passed the "double top" milestone  Grin with myself actually achieving said mark at Le Mans itself last year (on the Sunday).

Used to make the occasional foray over Bromley/Chislehurst way (had a couple of mates based at the Acquila MOD place) but could never remember any pub names! (Always a sign of a good night!!). Do remember a particularly wintry/cold night and a long post-pub walk to a kebab house which ended up in a collapsed heap in some strange bloke's front garden!

Those were the days....

18 Le mans? Very impressive! Is that in a row or spread over the years? My first was 1981 which was on my 17th b'day (best present I ever gave myself!) and have only missed one year since in 1985 (long story and still hurts too much to think I missed one!!).
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2004, 12:30:55 pm »

18 Le mans? Very impressive! Is that in a row or spread over the years? My first was 1981 which was on my 17th b'day (best present I ever gave myself!) and have only missed one year since in 1985 (long story and still hurts too much to think I missed one!!).  

There's a coincidence- My first year was also '81. Rode down on a 500cc Triumph. That was even before the infamous Black Granny was manufactured!!

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 12:56:48 pm »

Rode down on a 500cc Triumph.

Nice! My steed that year was nowhere near so impressive. Some dodgy school bus purloined by Page & Moy for their France-side travel. Didn't even have a loo on board (can you imagine on a beer trip???). Cue entire coach load doing synchronised roadside slash @ 4am on the way to Lemons!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: