Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:22:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The I'm Back thread  (Read 22316 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2004, 09:53:01 pm »

I know one or two threads are already running, but I thought it would be a good idea to have a consoldiated I'm Back thread. So this is it.

This year was the Best Ever for me. Mark had a blast too. It was absolutely fantastic to meet so many CA'ers, even if it meant missing my afternoon nap a few times...

Thanks to everyone I met for the hospitality and friendliness - I would like to have done a full name check but memory precludes...

The turn out at the 'poo bar was magnificent, and with so many people taking pics I'm hoping that someone has better pics than Mark managed with my camera!

I know you are all itching to post your pics, but if you can hold off a few days Stu and Rick are working frantically on creating an off-site site
 Undecided to which we can have a link, rather than clogging up this server and the threads with posts. Rick, Stu, keep me informed of progress and if it going to be delayed then we will let you know. I will start a Best Picture from 2004 thread so just put your favoutite one on there.

Lastly, I'm sorry that I didn't meet EVERYONE from CA who was there, but there's always 2005...  Grin
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 10:16:32 pm »

The party's over for another year.  Sad  Great race, great weather, and above all great fun - met up with some of you around and about, but didn't make it to the bar on the saturday - sorry I will try harder next year!   Back safe and sound at 0500 this morning after an uneventful (if long) run via Calais-Dover.   All  the best for now and hope you all had an equally safe journey back.   Right - now I'm back, I can start thinking about next year  Grin Grin Grin  

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 10:58:10 pm »

little ron and i arrived back at 7.00pm.

it was our first time, won't be the last, legs like tree trunks from cycling all over, i suppose that's what you get for taking an enthusiastic 10 yr old who sleeps little and wants to see everything.

the highlight of his trip was being sprayed in champers at the finish.

Grin Grin

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Chef
CA Veteran

Cooking up another llama

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 11:32:55 pm »

The S.P.S gang arrived safely back (although an idiot in a type-r nearly wiped us out) at 22:00 monday night.
personally, the highlight was to meet lots of new faces and catch up with old ones. The 'poo bar on saturday night was great although the spinny ride we all went on was not a good idea, still hurt now!
Hope every one gets home safely and im sure robbo will post heavily as soon as he has logged on too.
oh, and there was some motor sport on too this weekend as well.
well done to the tvr's and the morgan for lasting out.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 12:06:58 am »

Cheers Rich, Yep , all back , safe and sound, all wheels returned with the trailer...

And the SPS crew were on TV, ITV Speed Sunday, at 2pm, which we managed to see on our new SKY TV.

The piccies from the Sunday night footy will be on sps.net site soon, please note the carnage on monday morning !!

Take life by the horns and live it.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 12:13:54 am »

Just finished the three post LM SHs (sh*t, shave, shower). Ah, I feel relieved. Grin
What a bad feeling to be back, I had such a wonderfull time and really enjoyed myself. It was excellent to see you all. Sorry to the lot at MB for me not turning up. I was so busy on sunday, watching the race and social obligations kept me from coming over. The best bit was the after race champoo  meeting with the drivers and a quick chat with Peter Wheeler. Cheesy Oh, did I mention that ?

THE TWO TVRS BOTH CROSSED THE FINISH LINE.   Cool Cool Cool

The only clowdy bit was the nasty stunt of Martin Short into the barrier early on sunday morning (not his fault). Thank god he's alright. He suffered some bruises and cuts but generally is feeling fine. A big, big hug for him at the Nuerburgring when the wounds are healed and it won't hurt him.
Apart from that it was an incredible excellent weekend. Any photos yet, Smokie ?

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 01:42:13 am »

ladies and gentlemen - The Rhinos have arrived home.

The best Le-Mans yet for us this year - regardless of the result of the race, we all enjoyed ourselves.

I would like to extend a special thanks to Robbo, Rich, Wayne, Chris, Kate, Steve and the other members of the SPS, who although we spent a lot of time with, have managed to erase thier names from my head by virtue of excessive alcohol consumption - you guys really made the weekend for us,  from the convoy down on Thursday, to the poo bar on Saturday and the football on Sunday, we really enjoyed your company, and hope that you enjoyed ours (at least a little bit!!)

Highlights on the weekend - all of it really - the drive down was superb, expertly run by Robbo, and excellently commentated on by Kate, the only down side of which was that we werent quite quick enough to warn our rear gunner of on coming geandam......90 Euros lighter, but the lad kept on smiling!!!

The Poo bar was genius - thanks to whoever it was that kept on filling my glass with champagne - i now remember almost zero of this encounter, however I do remember seeing some female breasts  (it seems i was not alone in that department eh abs?!?)

The finish on Sunday - how close CAN a 24 hour race get?

The ferry back - trying to discreetly find a plug for my laptop and falling into a barrier and head first on the the caberet stage.

I have pictures a plenty, so as soon as the seperate site is up i will post them, and mail to those of you that gave me your email.

Thanks again to the SPS, who we hope will see it in thier hearts to put up with us next year on a less ad hoc basis.

Le-Mans 2004 is over,  I hope you all had a good journey home, and that you all arrived safely - until next year, its been emotional and may the countdown to the greatest weekend ever known BEGIN.

Brad
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 09:07:53 am by smokie » Logged

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 09:03:12 am »

I really had to put up a post to say a HUGE thank you to the guys from Team JPC.  It was Abs, Captain Black (aka Coma) and I first year with JPC and to say that the hospitality and friendship shown by all (yes that even includes Pitball & Dingo) was outstanding would not do them justice.

I for one had a fantastic weekend and am happy to say that I've made a whole bunch of new friends. I'd also like to say a quick thanks to the Liverpool boys, RS2 & RS2 Babe.

I just can't wait till next year!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin

Take Care all

TheFatLad

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 09:46:28 am »

Tres Hombres (There's never been three!) are back. Thanks to you all from Lord Steve, Pete, MIke, Kev, Kelly  and Wobbly. Awesome saturday night at the champagne bar - great to meet you all - too many to mention.

See you all next year I hope.

Steve

I tested negative for patience.
Steve TTTD
CA Veteran

No they didn't build 'em like that.....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 10:01:47 am »

Team TickleTheDragon are back in the varied places in the UK they started from.
We (Me Raj and Jon) had an uneventful run through France up to Cherbourg on Monday morning, but then managed to split a rear brake pipe on the A27 north of Portsmouth, and I can say that not all Hants constabulary officers are like Robbo, I got bolloc*ed for trying to fix it at the side of the road and a producer for not having my log book with me Sad Sad.
Anyway a fantastic time was had by all, and as others have said, the poobar was a brilliant idea, I put faces to many names, and met up with Andy again who wandered over when we were on Becausejour a couple of years ago.

Finally, a quick plea, did anyone get and pictures or videos of the burnouts I did in the Mk2 Zodiac at Arnage on Sunday night, we have some, but no film of the third one.. (pm me if you can help)

Cheers, and the countdown to 2005 starts now

Steve

TeamTickleTheDragon
You Buy It, We'll Race It
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 10:22:39 am »

Got the camper and the "Frank Biela Refulling Team"  Moke safely back to Huntingdon and I got back to Bucks about 10pm lastnight (Monday)  

Servivd BJ with tmdg next door to us, the microwave was fun and colourfull Hi to Skorpio hope the aircools got you home. The best LM I have had, spent most of the waking hours laughing and quit possible drunk.

Sorry I could not make to the poo bar, but my T shirt did, it was modeld by tmdg (tom).

We were planning next year by 4.02pm Sunday Grin

rcutler
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 10:36:00 am »

Well we are back after a great year. Something in common with the weekend- I got back last night at 0230 and was back at work at 0730 in london.
Ferry journey was made great by an anniversary version of the Diablo. Very Nice.

Thanks must extend to:-

RS2's for providing dinner TWICE for all 7 of us.
The Liverpool Boys for chilling the champagne.
STU for reserving the pitch for us.
JPC for the pear wine or whatever it was.
Smokie for returning my Dad to site after the shampoo bar.
ROBBO for the T-shirts.
JPC for the POLO.

If I have forgotton anyone thanks I must have been drunk again.

P.S. On the way home we collected a new swimming pool the same as the Liverpool boys and smokie have I believe. Bargain!

See as many as I can at a local/national de-brief.

Thanks.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 10:40:14 am »

Team JPC arrived back at about Midnight last night.

Have to say a HUGE thank you to the hospitality of the Liverpool Boys.....going to have to find a detour around their pitch next year otherwise it talkes too long to get anywhere when you have a beer thrust in your hand every time!!  Grin

To the RS2's, what a great pool!! And I hope you were serious about the invite as I will be down to visit you at some stage soon!!

To the Pie Eaters, Abs, Fat Lad and Coma. Don't worry Abs, even though you are now part of Team JPC you won't lose your own identity, you have been christened Team JPC Pie Eaters Division.

Robbo and the rest of the SPS, thanks for the footie. It's the smallest 28" TV I've ever seen but still effective!  Wink And to Kate for letting me prove to myself that I can squeeze into a TVR, so it is probably going to have been a very expensive evening!!

The T W A T S, always good value!!!  I think I've got some photos of you all on the track at teh end of the race Simon from the Pit Grandstand. I'll forward them over!!

Ferrari Spider, thanks for providing the entertainment!!  Grin

New Zealand Swimming Instructor, thanks for being the entertainment!!  Shocked

Andy Zarse and his gang, what can I say....always a pleasure. Not sure if Mr RS2 will say it was a pleasure though. Merry Xmas Simon  Grin

Stu, what can I say mate, once again defying gravity and proving it's possible to walk at an angle of 45 degrees.

Big H, great to meet you and uncle Albert and the rest of your guys.

Mr Toad, we'll talk soon about the open top double decker or 7.5 Tonner options!!  Smiley

Rick Cutler, great to see you again. Hopefully catch up for beers very soon!

Tink, thanks for the supplies....chocolate brownies as well next year please!  Roll Eyes

TMDG, thanks for keeping the microwave on Beausejour.

And a special mention to Cocktail (Stuart) a Team JPC virgin who travelled all the way from Oz to be here and is booking next years flights when he gets back to Brisbane next week!!

To everyone else I met, whether I was sober  Undecided or merry  Embarrassed at the time, thank you all for contributing to another fantastic weekend. It gets better every year!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 11:11:51 am by jpchenet » Logged
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 11:05:25 am »

Back at 3am this morning, work is not the place I wish to be.
Sadly, didn't make the 'poo bar on Sat evening but did have t-shirt on all day.

Most amusing car/tent sight was the F40 parked up next to tent on BSJ,

EDIT: to add how many times on a ferry tannoy do you hear
"Will the owner of the black Lamborghini registration V10...blah ... blah"

Roll on 2005 -

« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 12:26:13 pm by Simes » Logged

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 11:26:03 am »

The Nordic team have all arrived safely back, the e type made it there and back, the only prob a flat battery on the crossing over.
Sorry i did'nt make the poo bar but I am very shy! some of the crew did bump into some of you later, and made very welcome by JPC, who was dishing out twats stickers.
took time out on the return to dieppe to visit the large peace museam in Caen, well worth stopping by if your in the area.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: