Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 05:52:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the "Pit Walkabout including Seat" tickets like?  (Read 7573 times)
mdt
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2003, 11:41:10 am »

Guys,

I'm still debating about what seats to buy on my probably one and only trip to Le Mans from Australia.

A friend of mine might be able to join my Dad and myself, and he quite understandably, wants to know more about the tickets that we are proposing to get.

At first, we were going to get seats in the Tribune 05. L'A.C.O., for no other than reason that they are the most expensive. Roll Eyes (About 200 quid) Then, I spoke to a racing car driver here at Bathurst last week and he said that they wouldn't even have seats there. It literally is just a stand. Is that right? Seems a bit odd to me.

And he also said that it was not under cover. That sounds more plausible.

So, our attention then turned to the pit walkabout tickets (including seat), which clearly indicates somewhere to sit, but I also understand that they are undercover. These are $1,877 - about 600 quid.

Can anyone please tell me more about the two choices? A pic from a previous trip would be the mutt's nuts.

I'm not saying that we have money to pi55 up the wall, but as you can imagine, if we're travelling half way around the world to watch the race, the financial side of things is not as important as it might otherwise be.

Any help appreciated.

Matthew
« Last Edit: November 30, 2003, 11:49:11 am by mdt » Logged
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 11:58:47 am »

Just go for the Tribune 05, and get on with it, or there will be none left. It is the ACO stand, and you need to buy membership of the ACO to qualify. It's about half way down the start straight, after the finishing line, opposite the pits, and has it's own bar for snacks and drinks.

See http://www.swr2002.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/avatars/plan.jpg for locations of the tribunes.

I'd say again - get on and book or you will find you are too late...

If you can't get 5, try for a higher number IMHO
mdt
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 12:28:42 pm »

I appreciate what you're saying. My Dad said precisely the same thing, but I still need to know whether Tribune 5 is a stand stand or whether it has seats. Huh
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 01:15:20 pm »

All the tribunes along the start / finish straight have seats and are also undercover.

We were in Tribune 04 last year and this is both seated and covered.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 05:46:39 pm »

You also may buy VIP hospitality...

... depending what you wanna see and the level of comfort you require !

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 11:59:15 pm »

Tribune 5 would also give you a good look into the dunlop chicane and bridge complex , depending how high up , maybe even the ford chicanes.

Buy it soon or dont bother. Most tickets are sold before the previos years racce is finished.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 09:47:04 am »

[attachment deleted by admin - age > 25 days]

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 10:02:47 am »

As others have already stated, all the tribunes along the start finish line are covered. All are seated and in fact you have an allocated seat number so ensure you get 2/3 seats together.

Check prices with the ACO directly too though. As far as I am aware, the ACO grandstand is 100 Euros per seat this year (although you also have to be an ACO member I think)
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 10:10:12 am »

As far as I am aware, the ACO grandstand is 100 Euros per seat this year (although you also have to be an ACO member I think)
ACO membership entitles you to buy 2 seats in the ACO stand - and access to the good toilets  Wink

Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2003, 08:15:26 pm »

I really can't see the value in a pit walk ticket - from what I understand you have access until 2 hours before the start. Surely it's far better to spend Fri in the pits for nothing and have a damn good meal in the village before the race starts? We used to use the ACO grandstand - great toilets, great ice cream, great people, but now we just wander off to a corner - there is something about the grandstand that sends us all to sleep in less than an hour of the start...

Toad

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2003, 08:43:42 pm »

I really can't see the value in a pit walk ticket - from what I understand you have access until 2 hours before the start. Surely it's far better to spend Fri in the pits for nothing and have a damn good meal in the village before the race starts?

I agree, spend as much time as you like in the pits on Friday and then do want you want prior to the start of the race.

mdt, as you're coming all the way from Aussie, Saturday morning is a good time to spend a few hours wandering around the excellent Museum just by the main entrance.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 08:44:22 pm by Steve Brown » Logged

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2003, 08:45:19 pm »

- there is something about the grandstand that sends us all to sleep in less than an hour of the start...

Does that have anything to do with the Beermountain Huh?  Grin

Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2003, 08:32:33 pm »

No, it's the champagne mountain that tends to cause this on Saturday lunchtime!!

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: