Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 12:07:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncanny Coincidence!!  (Read 3946 times)
pool pugilist

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2009, 12:02:05 pm »

Last year on 14th May I was rushed to hospital to have an emergency op due to an encapsulated hernia just above my navel (Got to admit I was more worried that I would miss LM due to the recommended 6 weeks converlessing than the actual operation!!! bearing in mind I am terrified of anything medical to boot  Embarrassed) Anyway, the operation was carried out on the morning of the 15th May with no problems, furthermore a speedy recovery was made and I was able to attend and fully enjoy LM 2008.  Grin

Now heres the spooky bit....2 months ago my wife complained of pains in her stomach, so after a couple of weeks playing the Martyr she visits the Doctors and low and behold she has been told she has a hernia!! My better half is promptly put on the waiting list for the op and told to expect a wait of approx 3 months barring a cancellation...The Surgical unit have rang her up just this morning and said they have a cancellation....you guessed it 15th May....Now what are the odds of that?? I wish I'd had a fiver on it!! Grin

Anything similar happened to any of you guys??

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 01:07:38 pm »

That's a one off coincedence, I can beat that.

For the past 18 years on a Tuesday morning around, or just after the second weekend in June I have turned up for work feeling drained with the mother of all hangovers and in desperate need of a holiday. I haven't a clue what causes it but it happens every year without fail. I would get fantastic odds on it not happening again this year. Pity I'm not a betting man Roll Eyes

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 02:27:11 pm »

For the past 18 years on a Tuesday morning around, or just after the second weekend in June I have turned up for work feeling drained with the mother of all hangovers and in desperate need of a holiday. I haven't a clue what causes it but it happens every year without fail. I would get fantastic odds on it not happening again this year. Pity I'm not a betting man Roll Eyes
Weird.. I've had a very similar experience for the last 20 years (bar a couple). However for the last 3 years it has happened on a Wednesday rather than a Tuesday.

I have a strange feeling it will happen again this year........ and possibly in late May too Grin

More in relation to the thread... we have stayed in the same hotel in Dinard on the Monday night for the last 3 years... and have been given the same room each time... Queer.

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 02:59:10 pm »

Do you also, by any chance, seem to have one less pair of trousers than you had about a week before?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 04:19:29 pm »

Or an odd sock

I tested negative for patience.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 07:27:14 pm »

Do you also, by any chance, seem to have one less pair of trousers than you had about a week before?

Bob, Sad they're never going to forget it are they?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 08:11:21 pm »

Weird.. I've had a very similar experience for the last 20 years (bar a couple). However for the last 3 years it has happened on a Wednesday rather than a Tuesday.

I have a strange feeling it will happen again this year........ and possibly in late May too Grin

More in relation to the thread... we have stayed in the same hotel in Dinard on the Monday night for the last 3 years... and have been given the same room each time... Queer.
Probably the only time they feel they can let it out  Lips Sealed
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 10:00:54 am »

I put it down to the fact that they must lead very shallow lives if that was the highlight of their past year Roll Eyes

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 10:28:15 am »

I put it down to the fact that they must lead very shallow lives if that was the highlight of their past year Roll Eyes

As the punchline to the old joke goes...

"You f**k one goat! Just one lousy goat..."

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 10:43:58 pm »

I have no idea what you are all talking about.... Wink

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: