Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 03:19:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Virgin to buy Honda F1?  (Read 10337 times)
SJ
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 10:52:16 pm »

It was Kyalami 1970, JYS in a Tyrrell entered March.
Fax

Point is (I think Huh) first team to annexe the front row on debut??

Tyrrell March wasn't a new car/team in '70, Tyrrell 001 was in '71, can't remember the first race of 71 Huh

There again might be talking oot me @rse Roll Eyes
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 11:42:27 pm »

Thought it great to see the applecart upset, with The Brawn lads up front, and McLaren not making it out of P2.  Can't help but think once everyone builds their own interpretation of the Brawn, Williams, Toyota diffuser, the grid will be more what we're accustomed to, but that's the fun of season opening races, the uncertainty of it all.  Regarding the aesthetics of the new cars?  F1 cars haven't been things of beauty since the late eighties-early ninties. and these certainly aren't going to win any prize for looks, but I do like the cleaner, less cluttered look, without all the little add-on bits, ears, deflectors, etc.  Also interesting that after all of the sweeeping regulation changes, the new cars are still considerably quicker than last years machines.  Just curious to see how many front wings are being replaced after the opening lap tomorrow.
Fax

Can't help thinking they look like a modern take on the late 80's/early 90's F1 cars of the Prost/Senna/Mansell era. (Fax, here's your mate at Interlagos  Wink ) They weren't exactly beauties, and the close combat racing wasn't that good either IIRC. I just wonder how much overtaking we'll see tomorrow?

Anyway, I'll be up early and watching if for no other reason than just after it finishes I've to be at Gatwick to collect Langtall and Leon, the last stragglers to return from Sebring.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 11:50:18 pm »

SJ, March was a debut F1 car/constructor in 1970, it is the last time a new constructor took front row in the their maiden GP (Stewart and Amon, South Africa)
Stewart took pole at Mosport in 1970 in the new Tyrrell, the car actually made its debut at Monza, but wasn't raced.
Agreed Andy, those weren't beauties were they?  Seems once the raised/humped nose came into vogue things went all pear shaped from a looks standpoint.  I always thought the 1990 Ferrari 640 was probably the last really gorgeous F1 car.
Senna...what a w**k*r!
Fax
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 12:21:37 am »

My penny's worth,

The only reason Brawn is  in 1 & 2 is not because they have suddenly got a better car,it is because the others are crap, due to the design of the rear wing. Hence the appeal last week from the other manufactures, McLaren have to be whiter than white as they are still hated by the poison dwarf. So it comes down to the reading of the rules and codes for the design.

So if you base it on that, then McLaren & Ferrari will redesign their wings and will get better traction and down force. So it will be race 2/3rd that will bring them back to the front.So the question then is will Brawn step up the work and keep ahead of the competition, as they have a big advantage at present.

I also wonder why Virgin only now announce their sponsorship? Looking at the other cars and thier sponsorship - e.g RBS, as we now nearly own the bloody company (the tax payers), how long they can carry on. And if they do own them do we get discount on ticket, and entry to the VIP section with the long legged blonds  Tongue

So thats my rant!, you can disagree as I'm drinking red wine ( Rioja - Berberana (no relation to Hana Baba)) and don't really care tonight. Wink

Not wings NPN, diffusers Shocked

The others have missed a huge opportunity & are hugely embarrassed. Russ Prawn has designed a great car! Honda/Prawn GP have been developing this car for 15 months. Bar about 3/4 weeks in December/Jan this is a works Honda, as they've (Honda) have developed it for months prior to their departure.

RBS have already announced their departure from Frank's GP at the end of the year. They're not renewing their deal & couldn't get out of their existing contract.

Shame the same doesn't apply to Fred the Shred Angry Angry

yea right - I could not spell diffusers.

Ok - tyres - When I drive to London or even to Le Mans, I only take my own tyres and one spare.

If they are trying to reduce cost in F1, why not the same?

I do not look at the weather and say "hey I must change me tyres, as it might rain at Newport Pagnal - so why not one set and one spare.?

So what does every one thing on my money saving ideas ?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:00:11 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 12:32:36 am »

There are usually two reasons for these changes.  Elf and savetee, and they're a sandwich short of a picnic.

If grooved tyres were so bloody clever, why have they got rid

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 12:21:48 pm »

Well, without giving the game away for those with it recorded but unwatched, an interesting race with unfamiliar faces at the front throughout. Qualification was not deceiving. The super-soft tyres are clearly a very mixed blessing - a dozen laps of Melbourne and they're history. Bridgestone will have to improve upon that, surely, as their use is compulsory for all cars in every race, and too many pitstops is going to make some circuits very tedious. BBC coverage excellent, with balanced and rational input from most. Can't quite get to grips with the energy-boost thing, especially if the likes of Kubica will be denied it due to being too big! What sort of innovation is that?

Missing Termietermite
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 08:06:00 pm »

I can't see it being a good day for Brawn GP tomorrow, as you can't expect a Virgin car to go all the way

Lorry, I hope you are eating your hat at the moment ! LOL !
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 10:44:35 pm »

Lorry, I hope you are eating your hat at the moment ! LOL !
This is Formula 1, its all fixed

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 12:36:54 pm »

I see Brawn Racing won the diffuser row.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7996698.stm
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 01:26:09 pm »

Fantastic.  Ferrari deserve a smashing after all the smack talking their lawyer did during the appeal hearings.  For them to accuse Brawn of cheating is rich.  I'll bet he has a catalog of illegal Ferrari parts a foot thick.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 02:33:43 pm »

It does seem to have been a bitchy hearing.  I can't wait for SniffPetrol's comments

Andrea

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 07:29:12 pm »

It does seem to have been a bitchy hearing. 

here's a little taste of it  Wink interesting read...  Cheesy

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12433_5188987,00.html

"I'm sitting at the wheel
I got a green light
Not afraid of nothin' cuz heart and soul
I'm built for life
So let the engine roar
Push the pedal down..."
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 11:39:05 pm »

Oooooooh - this is handbags at ten paces stuff. 

Ferraris Barrister Tozzi is a little gem

"the position of the FIA is totally baffling...we urge you to save the FIA from itself".

"only a person of supreme arrogance would think he is right when so many of his esteemed colleagues would disagree".

Brawn claimed the appellants' case was "a vindictive response...that amounted to a fishing expedition".

Thank god they had proper judges - one of whom, Malta's Guido de Marco, occasionally nodded off

Hang on a minute, they've broken the FIAs first rule, Ferrari didn't win.

This could all go the same way with Audis front bodywork (sounds the a PC term for tits)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: