Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 10:57:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans 24 hours, 30/31 August 2008  (Read 2136 times)
lynxd67

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:04:45 pm »

If I start by saying that they travelled 1,250 miles in 24 hours, that doesn't seem much really does it? It only works out at 52mph which is peanuts. Now let's imaging that you are fully exposed to the weather, that your rear is but an inch or two from the ground, you only have three brakes, your engine is 125cc, the circuit is about 900 yds long and you top 85mph on the short straight. Now that is the world of endurance carting that takes place every year here, with teams coming from all over. Here are some photos starting off with the new front disc brakes and finishing with the winner in opposite lock mode. Three drivers, some only 15, all racing for a maximum of one hour at a stretch (the fuel runs out if you don't stop) day and night Enjoy. Oh, and if they don't fit your screen it's you because I have carefully set the resolution.

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 05:11:16 pm »

Thanks for sharing.

(They easily fit my 24" monitor at 1680 x 1050 res, so no complaints here  Grin )

Steve East Anglian cobras

F-Troop Mom

Home address: F-Troop, Green Park, Sebring, FL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 08:46:19 pm »

I've worked an international karting event before and was very surprised at the level of competition.  I can't even imagine a 24 hour endurance event.  This is where it all starts and how we can get some world class drivers into the top levels of the sport.  Thanks for the pics.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: