Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 09:27:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Single Worst Race I've Seen!  (Read 2345 times)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:07:47 pm »

After 37 years of attending motor races, yesterdays Brickyard 400 wins the award for the single biggest pile of crap I've ever witnessed on a racetrack.  Had some freebie tickets so the Mrs (who used to be a NASCAR fan), brother & sister-in-law, and myself went over for the day, and Jesus what a mess!  I thought the USGP tire debacle a few years ago was cock up of biblical proportions, but yesterday took the cake.  Goodyear brought such sh*tty tires to the meeting that the competitors couldn't manage more than ten or twelve consecutive laps at racing speed without them falling to pieces.  It turned into a f**king joke, NASCAR had to throw a "competition yellow" every ten laps for teams to come in and change tires.  Goodyear knew on Friday that tires would be problem, but did nothing, just ducked their heads into the sand and hoped it was resolve itself.  I'd love to blame this on the idiot grandson, but the speedway wasn't at fault this time, entirely on the shoulders of Goodyear and NASCAR.  But on the bright side, since my wife has thown in the towel on NASCAR after yesterdays events, I'll never have to attend one of these god forsaken events again.
Roll on Petit!
Fax
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 11:52:59 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:34:09 pm »

God Fax, I'd loved it if you'd been around for the first five years of BRM's existence!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:54:46 am »

Fax - I'm afraid you're wrong.  The race was just fine.  There was no similarity between the F1 debacle and this.  Everything was great.  Soylent green is people.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.

Sincerely,

The Daytona Mafia and Mind Control Cooperative

The sad thing is that I believe most of their fans subscribe to that nonsense.

10 days until Road America.   Evil

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:15:23 pm »

All I can say to NASCAR fans is just keep drinking the Kool-Aid Wink
Andy, I think the birth of BRM would've made my head explode.
However, I would highly recommend the multi volume history of BRM by the late Tony Rudd and Doug Nye.  Absolutely fantastic reading for cold winter nights.
It should be sub-titled "How to shoot yourself in the foot, over and over again"
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: