Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 07:22:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for those of us who will be not going...........!  (Read 5783 times)
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 05:22:53 pm »

Cry as this is the first time in many years that i wont be drinking draft beer and munchin on frites baguetts as the sun rises on a dusty sunday morning,the reason for absence thought it best to get one of our postal DVD's to help cheer me up in this difficult time,
LE MANS........................

ITS JUST MADE IT WORSE...........................................

with no sky, any ideas on how best to cope?Huh??
gulf astons,
R10 V 908
LMP2 porsches
what a year to miss Cry Cry
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 05:59:48 pm »

Easy.....pitch a tent in your living room (I recommend a pop up - no need to nail it down  Grin), fire up the internet, listen to Radio LM, drink beer - only stopping to BBQ half a cow outside.   Do this for 24 hours  Grin  (you could turn your heating up full blast if you want the full experience... Grin)
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 06:02:52 pm »

Easy.....pitch a tent in your living room (I recommend a pop up - no need to nail it down  Grin), fire up the internet, listen to Radio LM, drink beer - only stopping to BBQ half a cow outside.   Do this for 24 hours  Grin  (you could turn your heating up full blast if you want the full experience... Grin)

hopefully you won't need to turn the sprinkler in to get the full effect this year!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 06:12:31 pm »

i guess i will av the option of filling up the paddling pool,beware of splashes in the front room! as long as i get the rest of the household to not wash for a few days ill almost be there
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 10:30:45 pm »

There may be problems with the blockade at St Malo, which leaves me, and Jersey travellers with no alternative. I have told the wife I will pitch the tent in the garden and run TV to it and get absolutely bolloxed... she did say she will check on me from time to time but will not interrupt my train of thought, depression, etc, etc.

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
nickliv
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 10:39:24 pm »

There is a section of the CAguide specially for you.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 06:22:55 pm »

All hope has now gone of me going next week.

I had decided not to last year and do the classic instead, but as it got nearer the shivers and sleepless nights were making me rethink.

Urgent last ditch attempts were put into motion and feasability study was done.

However the current Mrs Nordic and the little Nords have made it plan that I cannot go back on my decision.

I just hope they accept that I will not be at my best on Fathers day.

BTW, just to rub it in Tesco are promoting fathers day with a picture of a D - Type. The bastards.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:11 pm »

You bunch of lilly arsed whinging basta*ds, whats wrong with Aeroplanes from Jersey, divorce , and what ever solution is required from that Audi man, get your arse in gear and get the hell over there - cold beer waiting......
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 09:43:02 pm »

Nordic, I'm not sure what line of business you are in, but I insist we have a business meeting, and I'm sure several other CA'ers do too.

So, tell Mrs Nordic you need to go away on business, perhaps from Wednesday 11th to Monday 16th??  Wink
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 10:29:58 pm »

Nordic, I'm not sure what line of business you are in, but I insist we have a business meeting, and I'm sure several other CA'ers do too.

So, tell Mrs Nordic you need to go away on business, perhaps from Wednesday 11th to Monday 16th??  Wink

Nordic,

I concur with JPC on this matter, it is afterall an urgent international meeting requiring your valuable input.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 10:50:53 pm »

You bunch of lilly arsed whinging basta*ds, whats wrong with Aeroplanes from Jersey, divorce , and what ever solution is required from that Audi man, get your arse in gear and get the hell over there - cold beer waiting......

Settle down... I really do hope you were not referring to me as a Jersey person... that is an absolute insult, (sorry my friend from Jersey but it has to be said) and I hope you were not generalising and calling me 'that Audi man' I am, I might remind you, generally known as the pxsshead with the Audi...--- BE NICE  Grin

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 09:35:39 pm »

Settle down... I really do hope you were not referring to me as a Jersey person... that is an absolute insult, (sorry my friend from Jersey but it has to be said) and I hope you were not generalising and calling me 'that Audi man' I am, I might remind you, generally known as the pxsshead with the Audi...--- BE NICE  Grin

>Martini...

Grin Grin Grin No, no, only the one insult per whinging git was intended, Jersey, Gurnsey, they all look the same to me  Grin Grin Grin
Seriously, hope you all get sorted, I has to be Gods will  angel
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 11:58:32 pm »

We're trying to make the most of not going this year by having a bit of a do again at a mates place. He has a huge garden which he decks out with all the banners that we have nabbed from Le Sarthe over the years. We have the big marquee, hire a big screen, BBQ, bonfire, loads of ale, mountains of crepes and fags, fireworks etc and have an allnighter. About 35-40 came last time we missed ('cos I had the Chicken pox Lips Sealed)
 This year we have separate feed for Radio Le Mans as well as Eurosport and also have 3 teams on a 24hr Grand Tourismo challenge, a live band and 2 DJs
 Best part about last year was a large goup of slappers that turned up in the early hours of the morning after a night on the town- oh happy days!
 His neighbours moved out last week too- excellent Grin Grin

Not as good as the real thing but better than sulking at home eh?

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
championaudi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 12:16:53 am »

ouch!!!! meeting the ripe of age of 40, er indoors organised /paid for trip to hungary gp to celebrate me reaching the milestone, then plans made to visit le sarthe too ,were kicked into touch after losing ones job 2nd time in 12 months (engineering & china dont mix!!) winging not, pissed off yes, downhearted nope, next year, bloody sure Wink Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: