Club Arnage
July 01, 2024, 11:39:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope this blows over soon  (Read 11141 times)
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 02:16:32 pm »

We can probably all get there on a full tank of fuel, but will we get back? Undecided

I dont mind if I dont!!

F
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 03:48:54 pm »

Just returned from almost 3 weeks hols in LBF (ending up at Termies and PQ).  I did about 2400km, starting near Le Mont St Michel, then on to southern Brittany, then up to Saumur, and finally up to LM.  I had absolutely no trouble in obtaining diesel anywhere, although the price did rise by 10c a litre, but was beginning to fall again in the last day or so.  Yesterday, I paid 1.395 per litre at a Super U in a small town 70 miles north of LM, but had seen it at 1.56 in some roadside garages

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 04:17:35 pm »

Just heard from B in Law (P&O Ferries) that they are concerned about port blockades next week!
Oh sh*t!

Anyone else with news/connections?

termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 04:27:20 pm »

Just heard from B in Law (P&O Ferries) that they are concerned about port blockades next week!
Oh sh*t!

Anyone else with news/connections?
Nothing specific in the papers at the mo' but apparently the farmers are blockading Quimper station now so it's anybody's guess what will happen and when.  Predicting next week's antics is about as reliable as weather forecasting.  As said above, set off early and expect to be held up somewhere along the line.  If there's any fore-warning of strikes of this sort I'll update as and when.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 05:42:45 pm »

Predicting next week's antics is about as reliable as weather forecasting.
I predict with absolute certainty that I will be blind drunk for a lot of next week, and will probably start the week with a huge row at the filling station at home when trying to fill up my Jerry cans for the genny .... (we still have a ban, perhaps I'll fill up nearer LM!)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 11:11:57 am »

No news about any discruptions in today's papers.  I'm just off to fill the jerry can for the mower (finally dry enough to do the lawn) so will see what gives on that front shortly.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: