Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 08:28:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Loans - Help.........  (Read 12796 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 10:20:34 am »

TBH i have applied for ALOT of jobs last week some local some mean ill be moving to the midlands. if i get a local one then i will sell the car and use that dreaded public transport  Roll Eyes if i get the job in the midlands ill travel and move there - then lose the car

best way i can see Smiley

Hang on, have I got this right?  you're carrying credit card debt but living at home?   You don't have a job but you're talking about getting a car loan? 

Listen to FS/AZ/TT etc., they talk sense on this.....my plan would be to throw as much money at debt as possible, then save as much as possible and then be in a position to buy a property with a decent deposit - in this climate you'll need at least a 10% deposit now to attract the interest of a lender and any debt (loans/CC) will be taken off the amount you can borrow.

I have credit card debt of near £1500 and live at home – Yes

I have a job at the moment Wink but I am actively hunting for another job as my current salary is a joke & I get no support from the company despite asking for this on several occasions………….

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 05:45:18 pm »

Say bollocks to it. Live for today, get as much on credit as possible then if it all turns to crap default and go bankrupt. There plenty of agencies out there that will help you thru.

I have no trainning whatsoever in money matters, so you may want to disregard my advice and listen to those with at least a small amount of knowledge.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 11:34:31 pm »

Say bollocks to it. Live for today, get as much on credit as possible then if it all turns to crap default and go bankrupt. There plenty of agencies out there that will help you thru.

I have no trainning whatsoever in money matters, so you may want to disregard my advice and listen to those with at least a small amount of knowledge.
Cheesy laugh

Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 01:57:35 am »

Craking advice from most here.......................remember...............

Most cars LOSE value, most properties GO UP in value.

We are entering a period where cash will be king.
DO NOT borrow money to buy a depreciating asset. The amount of your loan will come off your GROSS income when applying for a mortgage, not your net. It has a bad effect on what you can borrow. (x3 at least)
Money in the bank will count for a lot in the next 18 months.

Do as the chaps/chapessess say, buy a runaround. No one notices a £10k motor, similarly, no one notices a £100 motor.

Keep your powder dry. Buy a house late summer when prices are very low, mortgages will be crippling people by then.
Low prices will also apply to  TVs, Holidays, Cars, Hi-Fis......in fact, any substantial purchase of an asset in late summer will be a doddle if you have cash!
You have some good advice going on here.....listen and take heed......

DONT BORROW ANY MONEY TO BUY  A CAR!

Did I just say that out loud?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 06:13:58 pm »

And avoid holidays in Europe at the mo' (except in June!) - as the lousy exchange rate will make them scarily expensive - as you'll notice when you try to change your £s for LM. Shocked

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 06:16:50 pm »

i guessed that as dad got some yesterday as he is off to france for a month to work on the house on the 15/4/08 near Lemans Smiley

He bought near £1500's worth and if he got them at the post office over the bank he would of got 12euros more!  Roll Eyes

the rate is dog crap i know Sad

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: