Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 11:55:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS  (Read 7807 times)
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 02:16:03 am »

I thought this was going to be something interesting! Wink

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Big G

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 10:19:55 am »

Yep, great result. 20 years since the last win at Twickenham. I think England contributed by losing their way a bit in the second half, but take nothing away from the Welsh boys. This, speaking as an Englishman living in Wales and just coming home from the pub, having watched it with them. There's always a great atmosphere in the pubs here when the rugby is on and no animosity, unlike the game with the round ball.....

In fact, didn't Wales beet England in 1999 at Twicker's! I'll check up.

That was at Wembley, and was actually a home game for Wales as the Millenium stadium was still being built.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 02:49:58 pm »

Mark,

I think I agree with Any, Biblical quote and all that.

So, the race was between Triumph's and Fury's. Results we now have - Triumph, Fury, ?, Triumph. The '?' must have been 'Excaliber'.

You can include Honda in it as well, because all the apostles were in one Accord........

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 03:49:34 pm »

Yep, great result. 20 years since the last win at Twickenham. I think England contributed by losing their way a bit in the second half, but take nothing away from the Welsh boys. This, speaking as an Englishman living in Wales and just coming home from the pub, having watched it with them. There's always a great atmosphere in the pubs here when the rugby is on and no animosity, unlike the game with the round ball.....

Wales have beaten England in London, in the last 20 years, but while they were playing home games at Wembley, due to Twickenham being rebuilt.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 05:23:28 pm »

Wales have beaten England in London, in the last 20 years, but while they were playing home games at Wembley, due to Twickenham being rebuilt.

Agreed, and, although any win over the English is a result for my Welsh friends, wins at the home of the English game are FAR more important to them.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 07:16:15 pm »

Dear All,

I stand corrected as it wasn't Twickers in 1999.

So it stands at a baren 22 years at Twickers then.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 07:36:23 pm »

Er, might have been the Millenium stadium being built, can't remember, but definatley played at Wembley, watched the match in Courcheval, slightly over-refreshed.
John Boy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »

Er, might have been the Millenium stadium being built, can't remember, but definatley played at Wembley, watched the match in Courcheval, slightly over-refreshed.

t'was indeed a Wales home game at Wembley.  I know cause I was there!

Scott Quinnell at 8 peels of the back of a Wales line out in the England 22, drops into the 10 slot, sucks in the England defence, pops to Scott Gibs on the burst from 12 who proceeds to sidestep 2 (if not more) of the oppo, raises a hand to the crowd before finishing the move with a flourishing dive.  Jenkins slots the conversion.  Wales victorious.

I got the call for a ticket for that match the night before.  Cost me a dinning room table and chairs to keep the wife sweet.

Happy Days.  Oh, did I mention 2005, sat behind the posts in the north stand watching Gav kick for glory.  We guided that one in with Hymns and Arias.

If sponges didn't grow in the sea just think how deep it would be!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: