Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 03:23:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa - F1 (sorry I just swore!)  (Read 3449 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »

Sorry just used the "F" word, but some other guys want to go so;

Q. may be going to Spa F1 in Sept this year, over Fri back Sun/Mon

Has anybody got any advice on where to stay or where to go ?

Not sure if camping of B&B/hotel. Think the later is going to be out, as initially looks very expensive!

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:55:47 pm »

I shall be there as well (not missed a GP there for last 12yrs). I camp at Les Coombes with all the marshals but have used the site at Stavelot here
http://www.eaurouge.nl/index_en.htm

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:27:56 pm »

I think if you look through the old threads there's quite a lot of discussion about Eau Rouge camping.

It's a nice "normal" campsite (by that I mean a site that is used by families all the year round), it has good'ish facilities and a bar - they speak OK English and you can book over t'internet.  We have stayed there for a number of years for the 24 hour and would recommend it. 

It is a trek to the circuit, we have a media pass for the 24 so we drive but Rick, Bobblehat et al reckoned if you are walking it's an hour from the campsite to the bottom of Eau Rouge at the circuit.    You have to walk up the road to the rear entrance (Karting entrance) of the circuit and then up the tarmac road through the woods.   It's obviously quicker if you take bikes with you. 

I'm told that the traffic is pretty bad for the GP so I'd probably go for camping and walking/cycling to the circuit rather than trying to stay much further away.  There isn't a vast amount of accommodation within a couple of miles to the circuit so you'll end up 5/10 miles away at a minimum (probably further unless you book a package) and it might take you some time to get to the circuit by road.   

I'd try to get there for Friday, the Friday of a GP weekend has lots of tracktime (because of the test cars - assuming that's the same this year?) plus it's always a quieter day so you get to walk around the circuit and it should be law that everyone has to walk as far as possible around Spa  Grin

PS - don't forget to eat frites  Grin
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 01:09:57 pm »

If you are looking for hotels close to the circuit then Le Relais de Pommard and Hotel des Bryeres are about half a mile from the pits.
 At Hotel des Bryeres there's also a camp site and  across the road in Francorchamps. That is the best place to base yourselves as it's so close to all the activity, a lot of the teams use Le Relais de Pommard as the food is the best around.

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 02:51:33 pm »

The last - and I mean the last - time I went to a GP, it was at Spa and we stayed here
http://www.campingspador.be/
It's a bit further away but they run a shuttle bus, and the facilities were far better than Eau Rouge - good value restaurant, nice bar etc.  They also have some chalets if you can't be bothered with taking the tent etc.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: