Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 06:49:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Knackered  (Read 2637 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2007, 01:52:54 am »

I love Family Christmas's but I'm knackered and we've still got New Year to go...
After moving down to the lovely Dorset in the Summer, I started a new Job in October, so it it's been a bit of a slog to get in to the grove and pitch in, which is going well, but I was looking forward to a nice rest over the holiday.... ...no chance.
On the Saturday before Xmas we went to a dinner dance in Wokingham with our friends from our last house, great evening, dank far too much, danced far too much, sang..... well Ok, stayed with friends and then headed up to Shrewsbury to pick up my mum, via Basingstoke (south of Wokingham) to pick up daughter and Brad, visited cousins drank more.
Christmas Eve, shopping and then headed back to Basingstoke to drop of Daughter.
Call on route from daughter no2, lost her car keys in Reading, can we pick her up on route - car safe, sort car out after Xmas..... OK. Pick up Daughter No2, head back to Basingstoke, Via Woodley to drop of Brad at his place.
Get back to Highcliffe 8pm Xmas eve, sort for Xmas day, stuff Turkey, wrap last presies, Daughter and Boyfriend No1 arrives with 6 month old Springer Spaniel. Mayhem.
Sleep.... until 7am .....ITS CHRISTMAS... fro 24 year old daughter No1, open presies, take dogs down to the beach...nice. Back, Xmas dinner lovely, watch queens speech, Daughter No1 leaves,  snooze,
Brad and Caroline turn up, more presies, drink etc. 6.30pm Daughter No1 rings, Boy friend has proposed, super, lots of excitement, bed.
Boxing day, cook breakfast, go for nice walk on beach. Watch West Ham v Reading in Pub, more drink. Daughter No1, Boy friend and 6-month-old Springer Spaniel arrive back, more celebrations and Mayhem from dog.
Thursday, fulfil promise to fit new Laminate flooring(Xmas present!!) into Daughters Hallway and Lounge, bastard job, will have to finish on Friday. Drive back to Highcliffe.
Friday, Back to Basingstoke , wife takes Mum back to Shrewsbury, Laminate still bastard job, decide at 9.30pm enough is enough, will have to finish on Saturday.
Saturday, Lunch with Daughter No1 Boyfriend, back to Laminate. Call from old friends in Wokingham, coming down to see us on Sunday (tomorrow) (6 of them with their 6 terrors under 6) "Great, lovely to see you"..............
Monday, New Years Eve, Party..... OK, Brad & Caroline and 4 friends, Daughter no1 4 friends, Daughter No2 4 friends are coming (and staying.. apparently) so the can go to the beach to see the New Year in. There are one or two of our friends coming as well --- apparently, and the new in laws,--- apparently....
Tuesday, I may be sleeping........... If I’m Bloody lucky….apparently.     Undecided

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 03:00:19 am »

Sorry to paraphrase Ian but if I'm summing up correctly....

You seem to have 2 daughters coming with 4 friends each. That makes 10 (I'm assuming you wouldn't let your daughters hang out with boys) girls.

in Highcliffe?HuhHuhHuhHuh

Woo Hoo Happy New Year (you'll want company I assume? Right at this moment Lord Pig Pen's ears are pricking up. If I can just shake the wife it's game one  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 03:44:43 am »

Ian,

Although through part of that I got confused......... daughter 'n' boyfriend no.2!!! I get the general jist of it.

I thought this time of year was ment to be relaxing somewhat..............!!

Well my Christmas was a bit different so to speak.

As a suprise to my Dad, (Mum passed away in January) he went away with friends to hotel in Bournmouth for 3 days.
Discussions took place with my son, not home but skiing in Switzerland with girlfriend..... he's 22, she 31 and an absolute vision. (That's my boy  Grin).

Although we were invited for the 'holiday', I contacted Dad's hotel to book 2 more places for Christmas eve dinner. Booked hotel round corner and arrived his hotel in full dinner suit.

Bearing in mind my Dad is 83, I thought he was having heart attack when he saw at at the bar before dinner. But it really made his day.

Drive back to Chertsey Christmas Day and looking forward to steak (23 days old) in evening. And a few quality wines care of Laithwaites.

Went to upstairs loo only to put foot through floor!! so rip up and replace  because it is 'decked'. May required stud wall replacement as decking is 8x4.

As relaxation is important, put traffic cone on hole, pour drink and relax (thinking time).

Wednesday, get pissed with mates,

Thursday, get pissed with other mates,

Friday, shopping and have a few drinks. Evening friend round for dinner.

Saturday, remember to 'phone friends near Horsham to say we can't see them Sunday.
Bar duty at sailing club................. got pissed. Walk home with pall whose staying the night.
Dragged Dad out for indian, 7 at table fot meal.

But, walked into restuarant and the manager was at the bar.  He looked up and said  ' Ah, Mr Jerry, G&T?. Well how could one refuse such hospitality. And what a brilliant meal. (Look out for South Meet No. 3).

So Ian, Merry Christmas and hopefully a relaxing New Year.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:28:33 pm »

Thanks Peter, just what I could do with, an extended buch of P*ssheads decending from all around!!!! Grin
Seriously, anybody Locally or who is OK sleeping in the conservatry and dose't wake me up on Tuesday is welcome  Wink
The friends reduced to 4 + kids today, so everything fine......all set for tomorrow....no probs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: