Club Arnage
October 06, 2024, 12:50:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 2656 times)
Catchpole

Lets Go Racing

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 05:39:45 pm »

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 07:12:17 am by Catchpole » Logged
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:25:03 am »

Peter,

Thanks for that - right up my street, and a handy article, as I have three 917 kits to build - two are the older highly detailed Union kits and one is the later Fujimi kit.  Two of the 917s are slated to become the '70 and '71 Le Mans winners and I want to do one in Gulf colours, but I haven't decided which to build first or which one to go for in the Gulf colours yet.  At the moment, with the Union Ferrari 512S and Porsce 908 kits to build as well, Sebring 1970 is looking good, for the winning 512S of Giunti, Vaccarella and Andretti, the second place Porsche 908 of McQueen and Revson, and the fourth place Gulf 917 of Rodriguez, Siffert and Kinnunen.   Or one of the many other combinations, such as the 917 as the Brands BOAC 1000 winnier, and the 908 and 512 as 1st and 3rd in the Targa Florio that year.  The choices......

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 02:49:52 pm »

It is a good site, which I had rather forgotten about and it's nice to be reminded of it!  Good luck with the Porsche - at 1/8 scale, is it that one the expensive and delightful Pocher kits being conrted to GT2 spec? 

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: