Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 06:16:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: politicians at le mans.. whatever next?  (Read 5368 times)
fagey
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 01:01:33 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/7082833.stm

Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 01:15:44 pm »

What, Lord Drayson who mysteriously donated £500,000 to the Labour party in 2004 after his elevation to the House of Lords.

Not like a Labour peer to be involved in controversy  Roll Eyes

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 01:44:26 pm »

What, Lord Drayson who mysteriously donated £500,000 to the Labour party in 2004 after his elevation to the House of Lords.
Anybody that drives a DBR9 can't be all bad.

Did anyone spot the spin?  He said he came second in British GT.  Well the car probably did, but they each have two drivers, so he was 3rd.

Anyway if he can spend half a mil on a posh name, what's he going to spend on Le Mans?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 03:16:50 pm »

We had the French Prime Minister flying around the place in a Courage in July.  He wasn't half bad at it either!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 03:26:53 pm »

Talking of French politicians did anyone see Have I Got News For You a couple of weeks ago. They had a video of Sarkozy giving a press conference after an obviously very liquid lunch with Vladimir Putin. He was hammered.

v. funny

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 03:36:36 pm »

Yes Rob, I saw on some current affairs prog, it was a corker, once I'd stopped laughing I went straight down to the off-license.
You've got to hand it to him, he was obviously having a great time for free, and didn't care what anyone thought. The most exciting things our lads in Westminster seem to come up with is a bit of cottaging and groping in the gents lavs, disappointing really.
What's wrong with a skinfull and a nice murder?
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 04:37:22 pm »

Talking of French politicians did anyone see Have I Got News For You a couple of weeks ago. They had a video of Sarkozy giving a press conference after an obviously very liquid lunch with Vladimir Putin. He was hammered.

v. funny

Thought he had just come back from DFH party on the friday night Le Mans,  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 04:40:42 pm »

The most exciting things our lads in Westminster seem to come up with is a bit of cottaging and groping in the gents lavs, disappointing really.
What's wrong with a skinfull and a nice murder?
H

I must dissent from the consensus here. Paul Z and myself I attended a luncheon some years ago in Southampton and the guest speaker was the late Rt Hon Stephen Milligan MP. Two weeks later he was splashed all over the papers in a "Tory MP in Sex Mystery Masturbation Death Probe".

As we all now know, he'd gotten himself involved in the good old auto-eroticism and unfortunately he "over-did the trick". Sitting there at the lunch table, looking at him and listenning to his views on the local economy, it never once crossed my mind that what he'd really prefer to be doing is w*nking upside down whilst hanging from a clothes rail wearing stockings and suspenders with a pair of womens' tights wrapped tightly round his neck and an Outspan orange stuffed down his gullet. I honestly never saw that one coming, I really didn't. Nor did he I guess.

Anyway, I later spoke to a senior copper on the investigation team checking into possible foul play. He told me they'd in fact found a Weetabix shoved up his anal passage and that they were looking for a......

cereal killer.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »

I wonder which history will judge to be worse.

A. w*nking upside down whilst hanging from a clothes rail wearing stockings and suspenders with a pair of womens' tights wrapped tightly round his neck and an Outspan orange stuffed down his gullet.

or

B. Being a member of Tony Blairs Govenment.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 08:19:02 pm »

It's a shame - a good bloke, rapier sharp brain, sees through bullshit, asks difficult questions and tries to do the "right thing".  Not a politician by background, but a successful businessman who made a pile and has raced in historics as a hobby for a while; was brought in to do what he has been doing around 2 years ago, and is now on his way to fulfil his dream.  The real key is, I suspect, what is alluded to in the last paragraph of the article, from the heading "Fatigue" onwards.  And that is all I shall say on the matter.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 02:25:42 am »

It's a shame - a good bloke, rapier sharp brain, sees through bullshit, asks difficult questions and tries to do the "right thing".  Not a politician by background, but a successful businessman who made a pile and has raced in historics as a hobby for a while; was brought in to do what he has been doing around 2 years ago, and is now on his way to fulfil his dream.  The real key is, I suspect, what is alluded to in the last paragraph of the article, from the heading "Fatigue" onwards.  And that is all I shall say on the matter.

MG Mark

He might be a good businessman in 'private industry' and screwed  £m's out of the taxpayer with his 'special' pharmacuticals. But from what I have seen, he's done sweet FA in his position at the MoD. This is proven by the REAL lack of suitable equipment supplied to our troops they are still buying their own frigging gear for God's sake. The REAL lack of suitable/habitable accommodation, etc, etc.

I could go on and on.........................................

He may be able to drive quick, but a rat is quicker getting off a sinking ship.

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 05:48:21 pm »

v. funny
Is this it?

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AfO7-PeRne0
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 09:59:25 pm »

That's it Kpy. Priceless.  Grin

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 02:19:44 am »

That's it Kpy. Priceless.  Grin

Absolutely!!!!  Grin
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 02:18:37 pm »

I spoke to a press officer at the MOD yesterday - Seems that the fun they've had with the media has been reasonably amusing over the last few days.

First they held a big conference to tell people that Lord Drayson was going on Holiday, then revealed that actually that holiday was going to be very long, and eventually told them that he is stepping down to go racing in the ALMS - apparently the journos wrote about 3 different stories each before they got to the truth....

The vision is to race at le-mans in a Bio-Ethonol Aston, and very successful it is too, won the fifth round of the BGT, and seems the be very competitive - an interesting twist in my eyes, and I wish him the best of luck!

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: