Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 12:46:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going 'Green'.  (Read 3601 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2007, 02:27:07 am »

I'm getting really peed off by the climate change brigade moaning about the state of the planet when any sensible person knows that it is due to the natural cycle on this planet.

Who the hell want's to worry about what is happening a 1000 years from now as we will be well gone by then.

Anyway, I refuse to pay 'stealth taxes' to fund these frigging pirates and decided to cut my tax payout by joining them.

So, I've gone 'Green'.

The 740 BMW and '73 Triumph have been mothballed in my little 'museum' and I've bought one of the greenest vehicles one can buy. Not sure what Cindereller would have made of it but it is a sporty open top 2 seater.

Anyone else goling a similar route?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:28:43 am by Leftie » Logged

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
keithk
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 09:55:03 am »

Piglet and I do "green" stuff when ever we can we both have diesel cars but I was thinking I'd transplant this( http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CJuS0jR6_E4 )  into my driving school car just to give the boys and girls a little more grunt on their hill starts..... angel Not quite sure how the DSA would view the hand throttle.....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:56:53 am by keithk » Logged
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 09:57:44 am »

Diesel with a good exhaust particle filter is quit green, bad thing is that you forget you are doing a good thing, cause diesel exhaust also causes alzheimer. Another reason to boycot Diesel from race tracks me thinks Grin

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:21:32 am »

cause diesel exhaust also causes alzheimer.
Ah, that explains my problem then.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
keithk
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 10:24:37 am »

cause diesel exhaust also causes alzheimer.
Ah, that explains my problem then.

Sorry I forgot what we were talking about
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:53:03 am »

Diesel with a good exhaust particle filter is quit green, bad thing is that you forget you are doing a good thing, cause diesel exhaust also causes alzheimer. Another reason to boycot Diesel from race tracks me thinks Grin
I can no longer afford to run a petrol car for the mileage we do and have to run diesels - they are fine and do what the need to do. Don't forget that petrol contains benzine which is a known carcanogen (sp?) with no safe level of exposure. TBH, any fossil fuel's gonna be bad for us/the environment somewhere along the line and if I could afford it I'd sure as hell be driving around in a DB9  Grin
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 02:22:40 pm »

Forget new cars all together- even an electric Toyota does damage. The environmental impact of new car production is where the real damage is done, all that steel, plastic etc consumes huge amounts of energy to produce with vast pollutant output. Jerry would be better off using his recycled sexfire if its a green lifestyle he wants. A car will never do as much damage as when its built. Get it rust proofed, maintain it and run it for ever!
 I wouldn't have a new car if you paid me!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 02:24:53 am »

I'm getting really peed off by the climate change brigade moaning about the state of the planet when any sensible person knows that it is due to the natural cycle on this planet.

Who the hell want's to worry about what is happening a 1000 years from now as we will be well gone by then.

Anyway, I refuse to pay 'stealth taxes' to fund these frigging pirates and decided to cut my tax payout by joining them.

So, I've gone 'Green'.

I did my bit with my diesel VW Jetta Turbo. 50% diesel 50% cooking oil for 6 months. Engine was less noisy, emissions low (as tested at an MOT centre) and the smell of fresh chips every time you drove... or stopped!
(obviously, all of the above 50,000 miles was undertaken on private roads and was conducted purely for experimental purposes)
When the car was scrapped, due to a snapped cambelt... apart from bent valves... all was fine and the head and turbo system are now being used on another car.

Mr Green PP

Oh and modern cars suck...
The 740 BMW and '73 Triumph have been mothballed in my little 'museum' and I've bought one of the greenest vehicles one can buy. Not sure what Cindereller would have made of it but it is a sporty open top 2 seater.

Anyone else goling a similar route?

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Mezza

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 10:29:36 pm »

Diesel is as green as it can get...my brother's always had diesels...and on hard times...well he has a friend who's a cook...just pour cooking oil in, works fine. Downside, smells like a chippy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: