Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 03:18:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Dutch Friends : Can I enlist your help, please?  (Read 6884 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:13:41 pm »

Sorry, this has absolutely nothing to do with motor racing or cars, in any form!

There have recently been changes made to the health care provisions for ex-pats in France. 
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?xml=/global/2007/09/18/healthcare-in-france.xml

Another forum which I belong to is currently trying to get to the bottom of what is going on, and how we will all be affected.  Primarily, a French statement seems to contradict what our own Embassy is telling us
http://www.securite-sociale.fr/comprendre/europe/europe/cmu_inactifs.htm

and what is more, said statement refers to "Britanniques", not other European member states. 

We are trying to establish whether other nationalities are affected and if so, how.  Sadly, my command of Dutch is nil, so a Google search is not helping me one jot!  Is there any chance that one of our kind Dutch friends is able to find any ex-pat Dutch sites where this is being discussed, so that we might join forces?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 09:13:19 pm »

Please help

Are you sure that this just applies to expats/residents, as the tourists all filled in the form, and were given a little card and think that we've got free health care all over the EU.  I was planning a long stay.

Is this something for the CA Guide

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 09:55:44 pm »

Lorry, anybody with an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) is fine - the old E111 - as they are covered by European reciprocal health agreements for stays of up to 3 months.  It is just those who are classified as residents (ie, oddly, those who pay all their taxes here!) who are affected.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 03:39:38 pm »

What, none of you?  Aw, come on guys....

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 06:02:13 pm »

I've been searching around a bit for you, but couldn't find anything on the subject sofar. I'll send Paddy a message, his parents live in France, so it might affect them also.

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 06:38:55 pm »

Thanks, Marius, you're a pal. Smiley

knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 01:06:43 pm »

I will have a looksee as well!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 01:18:02 pm »

I will copy the opening post in a mail to my mum, see what she can say about this. I'll keep in touch.

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 01:34:54 pm »

Thanks all.  We have a Euro MEP on our side, and are lobbying MEP's who represent us in France.  For myself, it's not too huge an issue but is a real problem for people who need long-term treatment for things like diabetes, heart conditions etc as no insurers will cover them.  If other EU non-French nationals are to be similarly affected, then it's important that they at least know what may be done to them.
Cheers, guys. Smiley
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/25/nexpats125.xml

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 12:06:40 pm »

I knew it, this was bound to happen. Absolutely typical French attitude to the British, it's just us they're picking on because we're Les Brittaniques. Come on Termie, stick up for Johnny Garlic a bit....

What about all the French people working in the UK (about 500,000 of them apparently), can't we send them all home and start a war on France or something?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 12:17:55 pm »

Nice idea, Andy Grin!  Sadly most of the French in the UK work, not many heading off to an idyllic life in the British countryside! Grin  Oddly, it seems (although that's why I'm after info' from the Dutch) that most other countries continue to cover their national's health costs when they live abroad (if they've paid all their taxes through their working lives.)  So far it seems that only the UK is out of step in that if you leave Britain, they leave you...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: