Club Arnage
June 30, 2024, 09:25:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hi from Calif - returning to LM after 2 year absence!  (Read 10455 times)
Rocket_Man

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 12:46:14 am »

thanks Termie!  Nice photo. 

My thanks again to Paul for the ride, if you are reading this!

NOTICE:
Based on the general consensus of the folks with whom I attended this year's event, I am now "the CA member formerly known as Mike-from-California".  Henceforth I will be using the screen name "Rocket Man", due to my association with my employer, The Very Large Aerospace Company (..whatever you do, don't mention the Metric system). 

And I'll buy the first round of drinks at next year's event, for the first person who gets the William Shatner reference - without using the internet to find out.  (Star Trek has nothing to do with it)

Trip photos/etc coming soon -
mike RM

"Racing is life .... everything else is just waiting" -Steve McQueen
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 08:37:04 am »

And I'll buy the first round of drinks at next year's event, for the first person who gets the William Shatner reference - without using the internet to find out.  (Star Trek has nothing to do with it)
mike RM

I sincerely hope its a reference to his magnificent "spoken word" performance of Elton John's Rocket Man.  Very funny - and yet still quite desolate and moving in a strange way!

F

P.S.  Just a small lager for me - tho I might even be teatotal by next year, so either way its gonna be a cheap round! Smiley
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 01:41:23 pm »

mike RM

I sincerely hope its a reference to his magnificent "spoken word" performance of Elton John's Rocket Man.  Very funny - and yet still quite desolate and moving in a strange way!

F

P.S.  Just a small lager for me - tho I might even be teatotal by next year, so either way its gonna be a cheap round! Smiley

Fran  get a large one and give me some. :-)

Rocket Man may next year you can get hold of some LOX then we can do some serious hispeed BBQ Lighting.

t

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 05:33:47 pm »

Hi RM,  just beam me up to next years event.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Rocket_Man

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 07:09:05 am »

F

AAaaaaaand Fran takes it -
This time, next year (minus 2 weeks of course), at the Poo Bar? Or other watering place of your choice.
 Smiley

The reference in question:
... http://youtube.com/watch?v=j_dI0hajPIs
And here's a parody of it done by Stewie on "Family Guy", which ironically has gotten several times the number of viewings on YouTube as the Shatner video:
... http://youtube.com/watch?v=oVDMEHsa9CA

I actually remember seeing that performance on TV, when I was a kid.  My memory on specifics is a bit faded now, but I think his performance was for the start of (or perhaps during) a sci fi convention of some sort* - an event rarely televised, before or since.  There was all kinds of talk about it in the news & on tv before hand; hey everyone shatner's going to be on tv again, he's going to be performing or something...  Anyway it was sort of cute, in a if-you-can-tolerate-Shatner's-acting-anything-else-goes sort of way. 

* correction (God Bless the Internet):  It was a sci fi awards show.

well that's it for now,
another busy weekend at work (SIGH), stay tuned for a post with my LM pics, someday soon I hope -

-RM
p.s.  nice pyramid in your avatar, Jerry-

"Racing is life .... everything else is just waiting" -Steve McQueen
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 03:00:40 am »

Hi RM,

The 'wall' was in '06, we just keep pactising.  This years attempt was posted as 'The Alter to the Beer God'. Check it out.

Loved the two YouTube clips, Shatner ain't as good as Stevie though. But both were great all the same.

Jerry

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: