Club Arnage
July 03, 2024, 12:00:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're back!  (Read 16000 times)
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 09:30:18 am »

Vettefan,
Good to meet you at the poo bar. I'm assuming that it was you in the full Vette colours who we were speaking with.
If so, I apologise for my friend Purdu who nearly fell off his chair when you ripped open your jacket to show us your T shirt.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Pieter
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 10:49:51 am »

I was a great suprise to run into you Anna (that's Vettefan) in pitlane on Friday! Sorry you missed the party as well, but I hope you got infected by the LM virus to give it another shot. See you at Petit and good luck with the team!
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 11:03:06 am »

Got back yesterday, the Golden Arrow is intact, one minor inceident involving a 30 year old golden coloured car, 80-85mph fast lane, back tyre falling apart, sideways, browned undergarments, hardshoulder, but other than that she didn't miss a beat, unlike the pilot who missed a couple of beats mid slide.

Cissie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 01:46:31 pm »

I flew home and made it back in record time for me, 5hrs! laugh
When the rest of my little group arrived home yesterday they had a little tale to tell regarding the Truck campers and the RS boys and I must say thank god for the RS boys because without them we would have nothing left.
We were camped between them and the RS boys were very good and even put up a gazebo that fell down over the weekend while the people were out but the truckers were not so good as others have already stated.
But back to the story...
Allan and Mike took me to the station Sunday straight after the race and while they were gone the Truckers decided it would be fun to burn down our tent and gazebo with everything in it i might add, you know camping stove, tables, chairs the lot not to mention their clothes in the tent. Anyway the RS boys stopped them and told them we were coming back and had just gone to the station.
Thank god they were there, a big thank you to the RS boys Wink
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 02:41:00 pm »

Blimey that's dreadful!  Fair play to the RS boys - the truckers really were half-wits.
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 03:19:55 pm »

Besides from the fact that the RS Boys annoyed some people with reving there cars one day, I don't see anything wrong with them. They are a nice bunch a guys. There's always something annoying about almost every group. People on the grandstand weren't pleased with the smoke bombs either. There were probably more people annoyed with that then with the RS Boys' cars. That's why we'll probably not do it on the grandstands next year.

Drinking for Holland
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 04:02:35 pm »

we will definately not do the smoke on the grandstands next year: only on the campside hill...

those truck boys really are making a bad rep for themselves, let's see if they are around next year...
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 04:04:27 pm »

If it's true what I heared about the guys with the truck I don't hope they'll be there next year. I had a beer over there a couple of times and they seemed nice. But I don't think they know where to stop. And that's bad for the campsite atmosphere.

Drinking for Holland
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 04:20:10 pm »

Allegedly they were talking about going back to BSJ where they came from (before last year) as they got less grief over there!

Perhaps we could have a whip round to buy them some tickets to make sure...

Cissie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 08:50:09 pm »

The Truckers are not CA members because when we arrived on Monday I got chatting to one of them while waiting for Allan to come in with the car.  They prefer MB now because it is a better location for them to watch from the top of their truck and I think the tarmac surface is better for the donuts on the bikes.They have booked MB for next year.
To be fair they were better to us this year than last as we have been pitched next them each time.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 10:06:40 pm »

The Truckers are not CA members because when we arrived on Monday I got chatting to one of them while waiting for Allan to come in with the car.  They prefer MB now because it is a better location for them to watch from the top of their truck and I think the tarmac surface is better for the donuts on the bikes.They have booked MB for next year.
To be fair they were better to us this year than last as we have been pitched next them each time.

Given that they weren't pitched on pitches and they didn't have zone B passes this year hopefully the new system will make things more difficult for them - or perhaps those that don't give a damn will get to do what they want and the rest of us will have to abide by the rules and put up with the tossers.   
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 11:59:13 pm »

I added a first selection of my photos to the DFH website. More may follow during the weekend. Hope you all enjoy them.

http://gallery.drinkingforholland.com/main.php/v/LM2007/il+Cavallino/

Drinking for Holland
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2007, 10:32:23 am »

The EAC (and TR6) all arrived safely back in Blightly late Monday.  Then I jetted off to Jersey for a couple of days, so I'm just catching up.

We had an uneventfull, dry and roofs down drive back to Boulogne during Monday, taking our usual easterly  'pretty' route, avoiding motorways and lunching in Neufachatel.  Then up the coast roads via Le Touquet in wall to wall blue sky and sunshine - the sun always shines on the righteous.

Huge thanks to Perdu / Gary / Toby / BobT etc for the gazebos and BobU / PST for putting them back upright when they became rigweltered a couple of times!

Also, the CA Cavalcade was a first class way to spend Friday afternoon, many thanks to Debs for organising and planning the route (impressive Sherman tank).

Steve East Anglian cobras

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2007, 10:46:22 pm »

Got back after an uneventful journey, except I got lost at Heathrow dropping Canada Phil off. My only excuse is that I've done the LM trip 8 times since I was last at Thiefrow.

Excellent trip, with it's up's and downs as usual.

How many days to go before the festivities begin again?
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2007, 11:39:05 pm »

Poor hairless Pig-Pen has been put away for another year. he got back ok but is very sad its all over.  roll onnext june!!! cheers to all we met and partied with for another marvelous LM.

Oh... and does anyone know if clives lady has found the nuns kit in his sleepingbag yet??? hehe
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 11:43:39 pm by Lord Pig-Pen » Logged

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: