Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 05:37:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Did We Stay  (Read 2603 times)
Ben
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2003, 02:06:21 pm »

By chance we ended up in a great camping spot this year. However I don't know what its called (if anything) and how I would go about sorting out the same place next year.

Last year we stayed in Interior Musee, this year we had a Green ticket for Chappelle. Because the ticket was green after following the Park VERT we ended up back in Interior Musee (which didn't have too many spaces left for the 14 blokes in the van) with Chappelle a stones throw away (closer to the circuit) but with no way of getting to it with the vehicle.

Armed with a map we drove back to the entrance to talk to the idiots on the gate. From speaking to others I understand that you would reach Chappelle from the 'Main' entrance by driving under the circuit and into the top of the village. However having a green coloured ticket was testing the gate keepers logic to the full. In my best English spoken with a French accent I managed to convince one of the guys to take us to Chappelle. He simply drove us back to the same place (which even I knew was not going to get us to Chappelle, however we humoured him). When we got back to Interiour Musee he spoke to a few people on a gate who let us on to a site accessed by driving on the Bugatti Circuit. We went under  a Le Mans bridge and ended on the inside of a curve in the circuit with lushess grass to pitch on. Essentially we were sandwiched between Interiour Musee and Chappelle. Other vehicles parked up simply had VERT on their tickets (no mention of Chappelle). I made the mistake of not asking those people how and from whom they got their tickets. After going through Interiour Musee had we turned right we would have ended up in a place where we could have pitched and seen the race as the cars went under the Dunlop and into the Essess.

Does anybody know what these spots are called and how we go about booking them for next year? Would such a ticket allow us to fill one vehicle (with a trailer) with as many people and as much gear as we can, and still camp on one ticket like Interiour Mussee and Chappelle. I cant see ourselves getting that lucky again on either a Chappelle or an Interiour Musee ticket.

Thanks for your help
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 02:51:13 pm »

We have been trying to do this for years and never quite made it. I think it depends on when you arrive. The later the better I think. When there is space in Musee they tend not to allow us to camp in the circuit.

I would be very interested to see how it can be done.

Cheers,

Tony
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 03:25:01 pm »

we had a La Musee camping pass just as last year when we set up in the gravel area at the end of the access track to the bog. This year we also were inside the Bugatti loop on the grass. great spot, close to showers, when they opened the gate in the corner and if you could get accross the kitty litter, and also close to a choice of toilets and cold water taps.
I think that parking vert is outside of the closed off loop, where the mgb was proving itself to be crap at handling on the Sunday night. Chappelle is the really dusty area in and around the inside part of the Dunlop bridge. It seems to me that those with just vert stickers should not have been inside the closed off area reserved for camping.

Does it really only have full throttle
Spidey
CA Veteran

I'm a spider!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 04:06:53 pm »

The easiest way into Chapelle - (the best bit is between the Dunlop Bridge and the Esses, under the large trees) is to turn left immediately past  the Karting Nord entrance, but then turn immediately right towards the village, paralleling the main road. Follow this road round thro' the gate, to the left, then right (near the entrance to the pit lane & the hospitality), then right, under the underpass, right again and follow the road past the ACO building and the ferris wheel......simple eh!!!

Only took five attempts this year, (we know the way, but the (bar)stewards on the gates don't seem to......we almost got waved in front of the pit lane once!!) although we did take the usual precaution of dropping off an infantry team at the Bugatti entrance to secure the pitches before the armoured division arrived.

An alternative may be through the main gates by the Rotunda, under the underpass, right at the Shampoo Bar and up thro' the village, although we've never managed this route....(a challenge for next year maybe...... Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: