Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 10:15:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pop up tents.  (Read 11582 times)
Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 05:16:02 pm »

I bought one last year from the decathlon on the Mulsanne straight. 39 euros and it really does take 3 seconds to put up. There are 2 potential problems: 1) It will blow away really easily if it isn't pegged down properly; this makes it tricky to put up in a high wind. 2) When packed away, it turns into a flat disc, which depending on the size of the tent can be tricky to fit in a car boot.

But in general - they're bloody good. Beats spending 1/2 an hour trying to work out how to put a tent up and then finding one of the poles is missing.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 05:34:51 pm »

I'm no expert, you need to talk to Big H, who's the world authority on both pop-ups and playing tents.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 08:30:20 pm »

I had just about made up my mind to buy a pair of the Outwell Jersey tents on the basis of price and waterproof spec, but the gits just put up the price to £45!! so I'm going to buy 2 of the 2 Second Air's from those nice people from Decathlon now! Just wish there was one closer to me, going to the NEC of Wednesday though so I'll go to Dudley and get them and be cool in Le Mans  Grin
rcutler
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 08:49:55 pm »

I had just about made up my mind to buy a pair of the Outwell Jersey tents on the basis of price and waterproof spec, but the gits just put up the price to £45!! so I'm going to buy 2 of the 2 Second Air's from those nice people from Decathlon now! Just wish there was one closer to me, going to the NEC of Wednesday though so I'll go to Dudley and get them and be cool in Le Mans  Grin

What are you doing at the NEC on Wednesday? We have a stand at the exhibition this week and I am on the list to cover thursdays breakdown of the stand.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 11:52:55 am »

If anyone knows Ians, tell him he's got a pm from me, ref tent - I'm going in to Decatholon today.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 12:28:48 pm »

If anyone knows Ians, tell him he's got a pm from me, ref tent - I'm going in to Decatholon today.

I'll give him a call!
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 02:31:49 pm »

I'd ring him...but I can't be arsed....

and mark will have already spoken to him....

although...with those two in charge of my sleeping arrangements in Le-Mans maybe I should take more of an interest  Huh Roll Eyes

Mark....Band....we need to rehearse!!  And sort the set list - PM sent - but a progress call would be appreciated - before the neighbours send the sound police around!!

Cheers
Brad

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2007, 08:04:43 pm »

Right - I have now got the two tents required, also brought one for myself as they look good at the shop.

In fact they seemed to be a roaring trade in them, they seem to so many people buying the quick tent range.

Got mine home, and my son set it up, the two second tent - have a big complaint, took him more than 2 seconds to set up, at least 3 secs  Grin

Put it down takes a bit longer, they recommend praticing before you go to site so you can do it easy and not look a total prat (OK the last bit was my reading between the lines of the instructions)

So Ian, I'll take them to Le Mans and you can pick up them up there.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 12:01:38 am »

We don't need tents to make us look like pratts....generally beer is enough Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 12:55:30 am »

Thanks Neil and Mark, you are stars, Neil cheque ready for posting in the morning.
These things look like they are going to be esential kit for putting up in the dark and rain when pissed!!!
Thanks again.
Ian
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: