Club Arnage
July 09, 2024, 12:13:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who would you like to see on the committee?  (Voting closed: May 26, 2007, 12:18:08 pm)
Bob U - 14 (8.8%)
Christopher - 1 (0.6%)
Delboy - 24 (15%)
Ian.. - 3 (1.9%)
JP Chenet - 37 (23.1%)
MG Mark - 31 (19.4%)
Nopanic - 4 (2.5%)
Robspot - 8 (5%)
Termietermite - 38 (23.8%)
Total Voters: 76

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE ELECTION  (Read 8777 times)
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 09:33:27 pm »

Thanks Steve - got it now.  I remember switching that off when I first moved to this view (before it became the default) as it takes up about a third of the screen

Del

Team Delboy Racing
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 12:27:43 pm »

Voting over, here is the final result.

Bob U  14 (8.8%)
Christopher  1 (0.6%)
Delboy  24 (15%)
Ian..  3 (1.9%)
JP Chenet  37 (23.1%)
MG Mark  31 (19.4%)
Nopanic  4 (2.5%)
Robspot  8 (5%)
Termietermite 38 (23.8%)

Bold = elected

Interesting that there were 81 total voters, that probably bears out guesstimates we've made of "active" members.

I'm sure the wires will be hot for a couple of days while t'committee sorts itself out.

Other than that, all I will say right now is congratulations to those elected, and a big Thank You to all those who stood, and of course to those who voted.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 01:19:31 pm by smokie » Logged
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 12:47:10 pm »

Well done everyone,

With all this excitement, I'm now away for a week on a canal boat holiday, Napton - Oxford

So I have not spat my dummy out and not talking.

Catch up with all next Sat, subject to any mutiny on my jolly boat  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 01:10:04 pm »

Heartfelt thanks to all of those who voted for me - and to everbody who voted who voted at all, regardless of their choice.  I notice our turnout is marginally worse than the average British parish council election so I hope that those who didn't vote will not regret the decisions made on their behalf!  For myself, and I hope that I speak for all of us, the major thing which I don't want this committee to do is to take over, or be perceived to take over, in any way, the way this site operates or to affect its wonderful, friendly, helpful atmosphere which is, I believe, why we all enjoy it so much, even if we don't all participate all the time. We will help to keep CA alive and kicking in the spirit in which it exists now.  Speech over, I guess I'll have to start doing some work now....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 01:36:52 pm »

Thanks from me to ALL those who voted.

I'll also echo Termie's sentiments - it will not become a 'Them and Us' situation.  All the committee is here for is to discuss the issues and ideas, and to channel the effort in a cohesive way.

Long live CA.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 02:10:57 pm »

I'll also echo Termie's sentiments - it will not become a 'Them and Us' situation. 

Too bloody right it won't - it's still only me and Steve with the Ban User buttons  Wink
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 02:36:03 pm »

good luck to all elected
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »

As a voter/votee, whatever, boy am I glad that Smokie and Steve have they buttons Cheesy

I'm sure it won't be a them and Us type committee, thanks for taking the job on for us! And the Club too Wink

And I'm sure that you know that you can ask us if there is owt you need us to do.

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2007, 05:03:58 pm »

Thank you to everyone that stood for election.    Personal I'm not sure who the winners where "Those that got elected" or "Those that didn't" :-)

I'm sure having  a Fundraing Committee won't change the CA one bit.  It would seem to me to be logical that the aim of the committee will be to raise the money so that CA can continue to function in the same way is has in the past.

Nor do I see that there will be a them and us situation arise.  I don't think there is that sort of situation with Smokie and Steve so why would one arise with the committee?

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 09:55:02 pm »

Thanks to one and all - the subject and the reason for it has certainly sparked posts on the forum.  We will do our best to get on and stay on track, for the good of the forum, and to keep it as the friendly banter-filled environment that we all know and love so much.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2007, 10:38:21 pm »

Well done to a worthy commitee, look forward to supporting and helping out as required. Will there be a cold champers and beer fund to help out those in need at race meetings? Grin
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2007, 11:59:58 pm »

Thanks to all who stood. I will be behind the committee in everything they do, espicially if their at the bar Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: