Club Arnage
September 23, 2024, 07:27:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travelling back to Le Havre Sunday evening - suggestions plz  (Read 4773 times)
starbar
CA Veteran

I ate all the pies with JJ

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2007, 08:02:44 pm »

Hi all

Since starting to go to Le Mans since '84' I have always managed to get back on the Monday.

This year I am travelling with a friend who has booked an 8pm trip from Le Havre, any suggestions re leaving the circuit and routes to miss traffic.

I know the motorway (A28) is open but is it worth going around the outer ring and joining further up past Beaumont Sur Sarthe.

we intend to be pointing in the right direction on the Houx Annexe out past Tetre Rouge, is it worth joining the motorway there?

Any help please.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 04:31:44 pm »

Unless you can absolutely guarantee no traffic jams, you'd ideally need to leave before the end of the race to get to Le Havre for 19.00. The timing of that crossing is a nuisance!

Personally I'd take the motorway up to Alencon North, get off there, then up the N138 to Gace, then D579 up to Vimoutiers, Lisieux, then Pont Leveque onto the E46/A29 to Le Havre. It's a scenic route, fast roads, never any traffic, never any speed traps once you're past Gace and this might help make up for missing your extra day in France.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
starbar
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 12:53:31 am »

Thanks Andy

We intend to leave about 1/2 hour before finish and listen to rest of race from the other side of Le Mans if we can.

Had thought of going back that way, but not sure if the motorway is quicker going all the way( keeping to speed limits). It is definatley a route I have used before so no problems with it.

Where are you stopping this year?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 12:37:39 pm »

Hi mate, not sure, but I guess the motorway's quickest, but I'd still take the backroads to Lisieux if it was me, a man's gotta have some fun you know!

Where in the hell have you boys been the last three years??? Are you going with the same pals this year, Dougie and Simon was it? Never forget you winning the Bentley from RLM!

Anyway, we're on MB Zone D (down the bottom end, past the Brown Triangle). Feel free to call in for a cold one anytime from Thurs AM onwards.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
starbar
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 12:11:54 am »

Hey Andy

Big relationship problems, ex wife, residency battles ( solicitors getting richer) anyway

Still have my winning Bentley signed by the drivers - still boxed in mint condition, I am not up for selling it but just wondered what it would fetch on the open market.

The Audi hospitality was also good that year a meal on the saturday evening (bad timing though as it was the time that Mcnish had his off), I went to Silverstone for the 1000Kms and was recognised by the Audi catering manager she again gave me a weekend of hospitality, I had my 'I ate all the pies' T shirt on and Guy Smith commented on it being appropriate - I do not know what he meant.

I enjoyed the radio Le Mans hospitality as well I hear big chuck dressing is no longer at Le Mans cannot wait to be back.
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:05:38 pm »

We have had to dash to L/H before and made it in just over 2.30hrs. I reckon you will have loads of time to get there for 1900hrs check in. Just in case you don't....sorry for giving you false hope!!
The best route out by far in our (LADWACACC)opinion, starts by moving your car to parking/camping bleu during sunday pm and watching the end of the race from finish straight. Leave track as soon as they cross the line and head for Arnage Village via the lane that divides camping blue nord from sud, ( the lane is first on your right after you pass entrance to track by Maison Blanche, heading south, away from grandstands). Turn left at the bottom of the lane over the train tracks and you come to a roundabout on the North of the main drag in Arnage; the Bobbies direct you north towards Le Mans city on the westerly by pass through industrial estates. Before you know it you are past Auchan and heading for Le Havre. My preferred route is then on the dedicated autoroute back to the A13, fast and no junctions, a little boring but hey you will have seen the end of the race!

Best of luck

Doug

see map ref: lane is that just below aerodrome. You will need to click 'search' on the Michelin web page.

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/int/dyn/controller/mapPerformPage?strCountry=1424&strAddress=Arnage&strMerged=&x=42&y=10#
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:43:38 pm by Douglas » Logged

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 03:38:24 pm »

I am on the same ferry and reckon that with the race finish being at 3pm it should be relatively easy to get back to Le Havre in time for the ferry at 8, even with Check In at 7.  A real bugger though if one misses it!

We are camping in Expo so I reckon on watching the finish, then straight back to the car, and down the road towards Le Mans centre, round the ring road, past Auchan and on to the motorway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: