Club Arnage
September 21, 2024, 01:41:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomas Enge  (Read 9189 times)
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 06:26:42 pm »

Must have been a vicious hit.The impact appeared a square shot on the drivers side.When the car came by us on the flat bed it did not look good.Glad to hear he is doing better.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 02:15:40 pm »

The lastest report - post surgery to the elbow - suggests that Tomas will make a full recovery. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 07:25:35 pm »

that is really comforting to hear
nickliv
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 11:25:53 pm »

A young, fit bloke should mend reasonably quickly. Looks like he is (Mending quickly that is)
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 05:58:03 pm »

He's in the care of Dr. Terry Trammell, who's one of the worlds top orthopaedic surgeons.  Over the years he's rebuilt the likes of Nelson Piquet, Rick Mears, and Derek Daly, to name a few.  He should be ready to go by the start of next season, perhaps even the autumn.
Fax
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 05:59:47 pm by Fax MKII » Logged
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 10:59:21 am »

Well, I hope to see him race again at Petit LeMans then  Smiley
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2007, 06:19:13 pm »

Latest information is that Tomas will drive the P/WL Ferrari again at the Lime Rock round of the ALMS on Jul. 7th.
No information yet about his Aston Martin drive at Le Mans.

Concerning the surgery his elbow was fixed with 2 plates and several screws which will be removed in 2 weeks and he'll immediately start rehab then.

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 06:09:21 pm »

It's looking good for Tomas Smiley

ENGE MAKES SURPRISE VISIT TO HOUSTON

"The only place I wanted to be this weekend was Houston," Tomas Enge said Friday. "I just wanted to cheer my team and support them and give them the message that I'm doing well."

So went Enge's return to the American Le Mans Series and Petersen Motorsports/White Lightning Racing. The Czech star surprised the crew Thursday evening by showing up at the team's transporter, the first time he had seen most of the team since a severe crash at St. Petersburg three weeks ago. He suffered a fractured left elbow, cracked ribs, contused lung and severe bruises.

"I wanted to surprise everyone. I knew everyone on the team wanted me to be at the track as soon as possible. I didn't speak with anyone, just Dale White about a hotel room. When I came here yesterday and said ‘Hello! Thank you for welcoming me.' Everyone was really happy and everybody was hugging me. It was very nice."

Enge said his broken left elbow needs seven weeks to properly heal, which is one week too late for the Utah Grand Prix at Miller Motorsports Park. But he is confident he will return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans with Aston Martin and to Petersen/White Lightning in early July at Lime Rock Park.

"But I'm still pushing and doing my best. If everything goes well, I'll be fine for Le Mans. That means I'll also be fine for Lime Rock.

"(The well wishes) are just incredible and I want to thank everyone. I want to say that I'm doing very well and that every e-mail and word of support I received was really wonderful and helped me. I was so happy and couldn't wait to get back here."
©americanlemans.com

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 11:29:50 am »

Update.  News this morning is that he will be back for Salt Lake.  My, these guys are tough.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 12:49:38 pm »

I hear that  Hans Stuck has had a biggie at the ring at the w'end. Any news? Big hits take longer to fix the older you get.   

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 01:06:49 pm »

I hear that  Hans Stuck has had a biggie at the ring at the w'end. Any news? Big hits take longer to fix the older you get.   

he left the hospital 2 days ago but will need some time to recover. he had a fractured lumbar vertebra, a fractured sternum, his heart was squeezed and a lot of bruises. Surgery was not necessary, but he needs to stay in bed for a while. Anyway, in an interview he said that he hopes to be able to start at the 24h Nuerburgring (9th June)  Cheesy

He's a real racer, I never forget that weekend somewhen late eighties or early nineties when he drove two  at 24 hour races (Le Mans and Nürburgring) simultaneously, no joke, he was commuting by helicopter between both tracks...

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 01:11:17 pm »

He's a real racer, I never forget that weekend somewhen late eighties or early nineties when he drove two  at 24 hour races (Le Mans and Nürburgring) simultaneously, no joke, he was commuting by helicopter between both tracks...

Try and imagine having a snooze on a helicopter! Shocked

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 08:05:56 pm »

Try and imagine having a snooze on a helicopter! Shocked

Don't think he had a snooze, I guess it's loads of adrenaline enabling someone to do this. At the Ring he was driving a BMW Touring car, if I remember correctly, on race saturday he did the start and the first 8-9 hours at the Nürburgring, then flew to le Mans and joined his mates on a Group C Porsche 962, finishing the race there...

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 07:15:14 pm »

A little bit of further news : Tomas will be sharing the #31 car with Darren Turner at Utah.

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 08:43:35 pm »

A little bit of further news : Tomas will be sharing the #31 car with Darren Turner at Utah.

that's excellent news Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: