Club Arnage
October 07, 2024, 09:44:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotels in Le Mans?  (Read 8465 times)
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 08:28:40 pm »

Try Hotel St Lious in La Sauze sur Sarthe 16km away, they has one double left last week.  Great village to stay in and easy to reach circuit.  www.hotel-saint-lious.fr

Book aerodrome or expo parking and it straight off motorway

This may help,

Thanks IanS, I contacted them and yes! they have a double room. Only one slight hitch - they will only take a booking for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights together and we only want the one. I can however understand the rationale. Still we're going to pay them a visit anyway when we're over to see if they will take a one nighter for the folllowing year.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 09:18:46 pm »

It's a long shot at this stage but try "Le Point du Jour" St Cosme en Vairais, 02 43 97 55 17

Thanks Termie but it's a bit far out (distance wise).

Looks like if we want to do an hotel within short striking distance I'll start looking now with a view to getting a booking in a couple of year's time.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 07:41:04 am »

Lorry, if you want to avoid your boss then I know a wonderful hotel in Cannes I can recommend him laugh If though he is the "I ought to do Le Mans before I die but want a good hotel and good wine in case I don't like it" kind of guy there is a superb hotel at Saumur on the Loire called Le Prieuré which may well have some rooms left - it did a short while back. I've arranged for a number of car clubs to stay there and it is a really good place to be - 1* Michelin restaurant, good rooms, great view across the valley and very peaceful. Go here:-

http://www.silencehotel.com/FR/hotel_hotelid-85.html

I often take friends there for lunch when we are in the area.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 01:52:42 pm »

Not a useful post really, but some hotel chains seem to have blackout periods for major events and the rooms are not released on line along with regualr dates. This was true of the Travelodge in Edinburgh for t2006 Festival, then all of a sudden rooms became available (at extortionate rates of course).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: