Club Arnage
October 09, 2024, 08:24:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MB Tickets on auction sites  (Read 4264 times)
bob
CA Veteran

great Le Mans

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2007, 04:10:10 pm »

As the silly season starts again for tickets. (I am looking for MB tickets).Anybody got

any ideas how the zoning will effect ticket availability on E Blurt etc. Can people

who have had comfirmation letters tell me does it say which zone you have been

allocated tickets in or do you have to guess.

Thanks

Bob

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 04:35:09 pm by bob » Logged
IanB
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 04:15:27 pm »

Hi Bob,
           Nothing on our ticket allocation letter about which zone we get. So my advice

would be if your forced on to EB*y or similar.wait for the seller to get his tickets

(usually April/May) then at least you will be able to ask him which zone tickets he is

selling ,Pretty important I suppose if you need more than one ticket so you can be

together

Ian
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 04:40:26 pm by Ian ( Liverpool Boys ) » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 05:20:02 pm »

There's nothing to indicate which zone but they will tell you if you phone or e-mail.  So, you can ask the seller to specify the zone as they can find it out if they contact the ACO.  Least they can do for the undoubted inflated prices they'll be charging!

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:53:34 pm »

Yup as said, it appears to be zoned but the ACO have not included the zone details with the invoice.

I see from your previous posts that you are in favour of ebay selling and a free market economy so it's good for you that they are on ebay already...
bob
CA Veteran

great Le Mans

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:42:26 pm »

Piglet
        You are obviously one of the chosen few with an ACO order, We ( The great unwashed ) have to get our tickets were we can, Yes, I do support a free market , but it still grates at the inflated prices we peasants have to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:08:00 pm »

I'm the person who ordered at the end of May last year and for the first time ever has got what they wanted from the ACO. 

I'm the same person who last year had to spend over £200 on tickets on ebay that had a face value of significantly less than that.

I though object to the ebay trading of tickets regardless of whether I'm in need of tickets or not rather than thinking it's a good idea until it actually effects me.   You thought the ebay trade was a good use of a free market economy last year...
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:27:46 pm »

As an aside, I heard today that this years Glastonbury tickets will feature a passport style photo of the ticket buyer / holder on them.

One of the reasons given is that this will stop ticket touting, and maybe ebay sales.

Steve East Anglian cobras

redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 12:48:37 pm »

Regarding sales of tickets on ebay , there is a requirement that all auctions indicate the face value of the ticket

Business sellers offering tickets for sale to consumers on eBay must comply with the Price Indications (The Resale of Tickets) Regulations 1994 (guidance is available at http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/guide/pricetickets.pdf). The main requirement is that the face value of a resold ticket has to be made clear to the consumer at the point of sale.

eBay requires that all sellers -- individuals and businesses -- include this information in their eBay listing description when offering tickets for resale on eBay.co.uk

So presumably any auction not showing this information can be taken down if ebay are informed. So if the touts haven't complied then shop them!

However ,It shouldn't be forgotten that tickets can be picked up at bargain prices close to the date if pickup can be arranged (typically for beausejour), so could be useful for anyone making late arrangements.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: