Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 12:48:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spyker to buy Midland F1  (Read 14920 times)
rcutler
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 05:36:03 pm »

Have a read of the whole article Rick, goes on for about ten pages.

No Andy I am at work so will read it when/if I get home. The comment was just about the front cover.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 06:18:00 pm »

The Dodge has a singular and sole purpose in life: to go down the road as fast as possible. The other cars mainly have other purposes/compromises, i.e. to comfortably waft four people around Europe, have room for a dog in the back, etc etc. To my mind the Viper fails comprehensively in the one thing it sets out to acheive.

As for "Let it lie"... see Matt's contiguous post.

I can't think that four people and a dog wafting around Europe in a 911 Turbo would be very serene, but maybe I'm deluded.
The Dodge recorded a better lap than the 911 TT, yet is still considered a comprehensive failure, in Mr Zarse's mind. Go figure that one out...
I'm trying to put this one to bed - as usual I think it's plain to see that your argument is once again, poorly made, ill-conceived and full of holes - but you will insist on yet more feeble retort.
A quick review will demonstrate that all of the 'data' has been supplied by you, not me - I merely used it to crush your hysterical ranting. Don't worry about it Andy, I don't think any less of you, just because you can't debate worth a sh*t. Some people can do it, others can't - get over it.
Right, I'm off to replace the guttering on the back of my house. Toodle pip!

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2006, 07:31:08 pm »

Cars you wouldn't buy... I note from dailysportscar that there will be a "Duller BMW Z4 coupe" at the Britcar 24.  Hmm.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
rcutler
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2006, 07:47:24 pm »

MMM, Britcar looking forward to it!

Just hoping that work doesn't throw another spanner in the works by asking me to work this weekend as well!
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2006, 03:31:57 am »

At risk of opening this all up again, when it was pretty well hammered flat - Andrew Zarse's reference (codswallop that it is) would suggest - and presumably the eponymous Mr Zee agrees, since he brought this up, that the Viper SRT-10 is therefore a finer car than:

Porsche 911 Turbo and Carrera S
BMW Z8 and M3
Aston Martin DB7 GT and Vanquish
Benzo CL65 and AMG SL55
Ferrari 575
Audi S4

Now, let's compare price tags again, shall we? How much is a SL55 or a 911T - it's just slipped my mind

Andrew, have a word with yourself, old bean. Yet again, I call bollox on ya!

Any yank supercar is great value IF we get it at the US price. Once its arrived here, it becomes expensive and there are better cars for the money for european roads.

And thats a sensible reply after a night of beer,
English beer thats is, not american lager stuff.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: