Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 07:21:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Le Mans - who needs it  (Read 21725 times)
delaney64

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 12:44:28 pm »

Some of you lot need to go away and check you facts before sounding off and making yourselves sound like ar**s.

Someone has to pay for the radio station now it's not funded by Haymarket and that means the RLM guys have to go out and find sponsors.  You guys need to Get real! It must cost a fortune to get all those people out to France to work (and they do get paid)  and the technology won't be cheap either.

Instead of bleating on like a bunch of old women get up off your rear ends (from where you seem to be talking) and CONTRIBUTE some constructive criticism.

And think for a moment...why is it that the teams and people who really do know about sportscars think that the RLM guys did a pretty good job this year??? Because they did.  Yeah, sure they had some tech problems but the web stream never went down  - like it kept doing last year - and the quality was way way better

So give credit where it's due, lay off the personal jibes (I think that Hindhof bloke is OK actually and I don't think I've ever heard him refer to himself as the Voice of le mans though other people have) and take part. Otherwise this stuff is just self indulgent nonsense
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2006, 12:58:57 pm »

One thing, I did get pissed off with "She sells sanctuary", Change the bloody record

Now to me, this song is the epitomy on Le Mans, when I hear it on RLM, I know that I'm there.

Constructive criticism is good and should be fed back to them, hopefully they'll take some of it on board.

I'd love to hear hourly updates on who is out. Half hourly updates on leaders in the classes etc. The pit lane reports I think are excellent.

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2006, 02:11:19 pm »

Finally caught up on the "thread"

I personally think some peoples commetns are a little over stated.

It wasnt 3 years ago that people on this forum were worried at the possible demise of the service.

I for one think its a god send, and have already invested in a better set of radio head phones to 1) look a gimp, 2 ) listen to the race updates.

Icant hear a thing on the ACO PA system, even in english, and even when i do, the french lad bleatts out over the old ebnglish fella.

What do we expect from Radio LM should be a better question -

1) Updates on the race
2) An idea about whats going on
3 ) A little about the atmosphere in the sites
4 ) Some British interviews.

Do we all pan Radio 1 / 2 , Local FM stations for their technical fowl ups.

I dont know of the set up at LM, but i was under the impression they were at the circuit, camping / motorhoming etc and probably a lot more sober than US.

Come on, lets be sensible, its a huge effort for some and for one would be gutted at returning home after a really heavy week's work for it to be panned like we have.

WHy dont we all staert e-mailing Audi and pan their "quiet " car that everyone seems to be at odds with.

Radio LM for me, every year, and its still saved in the car radio ready for the arrival .

Take life by the horns and live it.
skid solo

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2006, 02:19:24 pm »

I would like to add my congratulatuions to RLM for continued coverage of the race. They may have made mistakes from time to time but I think without their coverage alot of people would get extremely lost in during the race.
We had some first timers with us this year and they needed the coverage to work out what was going on and info that may seem trivial to LM experts was very useful to them (not everyone who goes have detailed knowledge of rules/regs etc).

I think earlier posts about telling them your constructive comments, rather than personnally slagging the people providing the service, would be a better way to go. That way they might take comments on board to change things for you next year, rather than getting the ar5e and doing nought

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti.
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2006, 02:45:47 pm »

Radio LM for me, every year, and its still saved in the car radio ready for the arrival .

It's always good to see just when the car will pick RLM up on the way down Smiley

Missed Holly Samos this year though Sad

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2006, 03:05:47 pm »

Locked in favour of this thread which starts with Hindy's reply to the criticisms above.

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=5706.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: