Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 09:53:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: who will win  (Voting closed: June 16, 2006, 05:11:13 pm)
audi - 18 (40.9%)
pescarolo - 13 (29.5%)
zytek - 3 (6.8%)
creation - 1 (2.3%)
lola - 2 (4.5%)
courage - 1 (2.3%)
lister - 0 (0%)
swiss spirit - 0 (0%)
dome(team holland) - 5 (11.4%)
other - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: who's going to win le mans 2006?  (Read 9072 times)
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 11:20:39 pm »

Bill - part time Scots are the worst.  Grin

Scuderia Ecosse are my team of choice. I just hope the Ferrari will hold out for 24 hours as it is completely untested over this length of race. The Ferrari's in FIA GT have hardly had a problem free entrance into the world. The quickest GT2 car out there though if they can keep it on the road. I just have a gut feeling the porkers have been there done that and won't be surprised if we don't see the Lizards or Petersen on the top step of the podium.

LNT was a big disappointment today. Tom Kimber Smith didn't complete his 10 laps so they are having to appeal to the ACO to let him race.

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 11:43:21 pm »

Bill - part time Scots are the worst.  Grin

Jay,

you part time sasanachs are worsererer Grin
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 10:14:36 am »

Pescarolo have shown a good turn of speed today so they could do it, but I think it will be a good battle!
Diesels will win on refuelling alone, no matter how quick the Pescas are.  But I hope they don't, allez Henri!

i didn't think the fuel economy was markedly different as LM is spent flat out for much of the lap.

Me i am bored of audi, but they will prob win as usual.
Again an absense of Morgan is a dissappointment, so i shall be cheering Spyker!!

Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 10:44:52 am »

FS. I am full blown Scot none of this part time malakey for me. Born in Airdrie raised in Aberdeen.

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 06:03:32 pm »

Jay, got it wrong mate! I'm not a part time Scot, I am full time English, but half of my blood is Jockish!

But if I had a choice where to LIVE well there is no finer place than Scotland, they look after their old folks oop there tha knows.

Now when do they reckon that Global Warming will kick in?

Wink

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 06:33:45 pm »

Apologies just read that back and feel I got a little carried away.

Rant Over.  Grin

I removed the above post, (a little rant about global warming, it didn't really fit in with the thread title.)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:51:55 pm by Jay (Team Cannonball) » Logged
Fax
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 06:40:06 pm »

To be honest its a pretty weak entry this year.  The Pesca's will be quick but fragile as usual, the Ghost Cars (as we called them at Sebring) will scoop the top two spots on the podium.  RFH has a shot at the podium, but sorry Knetter, I still think Yoong's crap, he'll beach the car about three times.  Vette 1-2 in GTS despite some promising speed from the Aston's and a Porsche in GT2.  Jem, you'll love the Porsche RS Sypder's when they make it over, look and sound fantastic and have bucketloads of character.
Fax
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 07:20:34 pm »

Only a fool would disagree with you Fax, but then again, motor racing is full of them.

Having said that, perhaps things might get a bit more exiting than that. Le mans is rarely so simple that the form book is always right. Except of course last year. And 2004, 2003, 2002... oh bugger  Sad

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Fax
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 07:50:01 pm »

I just think that this years race looks entirely predictable. The Porsche has thrown a serious wrench into Audi's plans for US domination, but I don't see Audi being beaten by Pescarolo, RFH. etc.
GTS should be a great fight but I think Corvette will win on preparation and strategy.  I think Flying Lizard will scoop GT2 honors.
Fax
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 08:30:03 pm »

There have been the occasional upsets (Rondeau, Mazda, McLaren) and these are good for the race and the sport - so you never know for sure - except that nothing is going to beat the R10 - not even the spry Pesca.
The tin-top classes are another matter. Again, it would be good for the class if Aston Martin were to take GT1 honours - but they are up against a formidable enterprise, with a monster budget. DBR9 must run with some type of basic air conditioner (which the C6 already had last year). A DBR win would certainly make the rest of the ALMS season even more worth watching.
Ecurie Ecosse win in GT2 would be welcomed by me also. Andrew Kirkaldy is a friend of mine - and a really aggressive driver. Wish I could be there.....

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
johnny waring

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2006, 09:18:22 pm »

i would love to see the zytek win it.i think they will be quite reliable and fast
tommy84

That's what Le Mans is about

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 09:34:10 pm »

I don't see anybody threatening Audi apart from themself.
That fuel economy advantage is already quite something. The advantage will be 1000x bigger if it rains what I don't want of course.

I was at the testing and the only thing I can say is - I hope they fail on the formation lap. I couldn't hear the car even if there was no other car around Roll Eyes

I'll cheer for every normally aspirated car with Zytek #2 being my favourite but Audi will make it
P2 goes to RML
GT1 - Corvette, no question
GT2 - Are the 430 reliable? If not - IMSA Matmut GT3 RSR

'09 calendar
1000km Spa|24h du Mans|24h Spa|1000km Nürburgring|24h Zolder|FIA-GT Zolder|national races in GER and BEL
Fax
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 09:57:04 pm »

I'm afraid that even with the Porsche's there, they'd get slaughtered in the overall fight.  Their advantage is in handling, and on the brakes.  At Sebring and Mid-Ohio the Porsche was by far the best handling car in the place but the Audi's (R8 & 10) were killing them on sheer grunt and top speed.  There will be ALMS races this year where the R10 could really struggle to stay with the RS Spyder but at Le Mans with the long flat straights, the Porsche would need more pony's.  I don't see anyone touching the turbo trucks.
Fax
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 10:07:38 pm »

Jay, I wish I had seen the rant mate. I am great one for a rant myself too. Now that is dad's blood telling, 'cos so was he!

As for the eejits and GW well forget it, I say.

And as for Pescirolo (whatever) I would like him to push the giant Audi nose slightly out of "whack"...

Smiley

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
johnevans3
CA Veteran

Howdy Pardner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 11:21:25 pm »

Fax, I think you're right on except that the Pesky's are fragile as well (Sebring and Houston).  If they clean that piece up, look out everybody.  I don't know if 24 hours correlates to a 12 hour rough track surface?Huh?  Maybe, maybe not.  But won't it be fun to watch next year?Huh 
Audi
Intersport Lola
'vette  63
Porker Reptile  (lizard)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: