Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 07:15:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spa F1  (Read 3827 times)
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:35:36 pm »

Giving some serious thought to a quick visit to the F1 next weekend.

I need a bit of help please

1. Is there camping at the track, can I just turn up ?
2. How long does it take to get to the track from the tunnel

Any other tips gratefully received.

Ta

Jem
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 03:44:28 am »

Giving some serious thought to a quick visit to the F1 next weekend.

I need a bit of help please

1. Is there camping at the track, can I just turn up ?
2. How long does it take to get to the track from the tunnel

Any other tips gratefully received.

Ta

Jem
Hi Jem,
 Long time no hear and now you are turning to the dark side Huh Shocked Grin. Sorry I can not answer your qustions and Smokie has just left though he would know.
Canada Phil
Fax
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 07:42:17 am »

Which begs the question, why go to Spa to watch F1?  Personally F1 makes me want to vomit but to each his own.
I sent in my ticket from the GP for the Michelin refund and will make eighty-five bucks on a freebie ticket and still feel ripped-off for wasting a afternoon going to see that bullshit.
But Bernie says its the pinacle of the sport so you should all cough up your hard earned money to see it....Really, he means it!
Fax
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 07:03:35 pm »

Hi Phil.

Comment noted re the dark side, rest assured that LM is numero uno !

Spa is a track that I've always wanted to visit and next weekend seems as good as any !  Mrs P has stamped the pass so it seems a shame not to go really.
Jem
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 10:05:17 pm »

Which begs the question, why go to Spa to watch F1?

F1 sucking or not, here a few reasons

Eau Rouge
Stavelot
Blanchimont
Bus Stop
Unrivalled access around the track
Belgian Beer...............

But of course, an ELMS round there satisfies everything....

MG MArk

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 12:58:53 pm »

It takes 3.5 hrs from tunnel to spa
well signed just follow m way to Brussels, as you get to Brussels the signs tell you the road to follow - aachen M42 I THINK, as you approach a total station you need to get in the inside lane which can be tricky

camp sites
just turn up, we did for FIA GTs, there are a number just north of the main entrance

otherwise park up, and just walk in with tent and pitch in the woods, you can park on road near the r'bout to the main entrance though it says not too, we did for part of the GTs

take a bike as there is a concrete section path around just about the whole circuit 
excellent views, boudins at 2.5 euros were excellent, though there may be a price hike

Wink

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 02:55:03 pm »

Thanks for the inf Ron
Fax
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 06:21:19 pm »

MGMark,
Agreed about the circut and other Belgian delights, I was mostly refering to F1.  Wouldn't walk across the street to see it.  Have several friends who've been to Spa, one was there in 1987 for the GP and loved it.  Another was there in 1985 for the bike GP said much the same.
Fax
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 08:26:16 pm »

Agreed about the circut and other Belgian delights, I was mostly refering to F1.  Wouldn't walk across the street to see it. 

Fax - appreciated - the general feeling on other similar posts is that we lost F1 as an actual sport not long after the demise of the turbo era, when it headed into real corporate territory, and with I would not disagree.   Atmosphere and circuits like Spa etc is still good.

What should be good on the other side of the pond now though is the IRL learning all about circuit racing though as they head to Watkins Glen, Sears etc - for a while at least, there is doubtless going to be some good jostling for position as different teams find different solutions to a different type of circuit

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Fax
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 07:39:47 am »

The IRL at the Glen should be good viewing, they'll be on the full GP circut, not the original short circut that the NASCAR guys race on.  Most of the IRL drivers come from a road racing backgound so they should relish this opportunity enormously.
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: