Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 09:24:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WW2 Crash site Memorial  (Read 8342 times)
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 11:59:15 pm »

Hi Guys, I'm almost certain that i have an article in an old Flypast magazine i will still have.  I remember reading it back in 2003 and thought it a coincidence with my visit to LM just a few months away.

I'll have a dig around and see what i come up with.  The history of the area particularly the time around the D Day assault is very interesting.

Could be an idea to start pooling our knowledge and create a CA memorial for the troops that made the ultimate sacrifice.  That way they will be remembered.

What do you think?

Peter
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 05:51:54 am »

Hi Peter , Good Idea lets see what we have.
Thanks Rhino I would like to see your photo. I took photos at the cemetery where they are buried. i will continue my reasearch into the mission they were on.
A friend of mine is actively involved in the restoration of a Halifax Bomber for the National Museum.
Canada Phil
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 09:05:48 am »

Phil

My late Uncle was a bomb aimer in a Halifax bomber, and was based in Canada for a time during the war, I am sad to say that he died 29 years ago when I was quite a lot younger, & regrettably I never quizzed him on his exploits. However my Aunty is still alive, think I will have a chat with her to find out the why's & wherefores
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2005, 11:26:22 am »

It may be of interest, but there is also a Candian memorial at Brougtheroulde, a small village just outside Rouen.
If you pass thorugh that village as most of us do it could be worth a visit.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: