Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 04:48:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alonso again  (Read 3341 times)
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2005, 04:17:28 pm »

Having just seen Alonso win the European GP by the skin of his teeth, (hard luck Kimi), looking at the car on TV in parc ferme, the tyres seem completely down to slicks, i thought some depth of groove had to remain, Anyboby know different?

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 04:56:19 pm »

Well I have given up on F1, I cannot believe the rules and regs they are putting in to try and stop a team from having runaway success. They have killed the sport in my opinion.

Personally, I was more than happy to be watching the FIA GT race from Imola on Eurosport. The Corvette finally got a win this year, congratulations, but what the heck happened to the Melo/Belloc number 3 Ferrari  Shocked

Happily running in second place with 10 minutes to go, when they got a drive through penalty for a pit team infringement, so after that they had the 4th placed Maserati right up their arse and they then manage to run out of fuel on the second to last lap  Shocked Idiots!!!
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 10:48:33 pm »

I'm normally a bit sceptical about yer F1 stuff but I thought the last few laps today were gripping in terms of would KR's tyre pop or not.  And ITV did'nt even put an advert on to wreck the enjoyment.

However.....next weekend I believe Mr Rossi will be back entertaining us, now thats real racing bar  none.

Jem
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 11:18:44 pm »

However.....next weekend I believe Mr Rossi will be back entertaining us, now thats real racing bar  none.

Jem

Which Mr Rossi would that be? The Ice Cream Van Man, or the Status Quo one?

Wink Grin Cheesy Only kidding Jem, I have to agree with you.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 11:32:47 pm »

Well I have given up on F1, I cannot believe the rules and regs they are putting in to try and stop a team from having runaway success. They have killed the sport in my opinion.

Have to agree.  Ever since they banned skirts it's been going down hill.   Group C really kicked new life in to Sports car racing in the 80s.  Porsche would even sell you a car and I think you got support from the works too.   Ok so till the Jags came along you had to be driving  a 956 then the 962 but lets face it the works car didn't always win.  

Now if they really want to level the field in F1 may be they should make a team sell their parts to other teams.  So if Mclaren want to run a Ferrari engine, Ferrari have to make the same engine available at an agreed price.   The same with the chassis/body.  The teams know what it costs them to build and run a car. So they should be able to agree a price for the these things.  

When all (well most) of the teams ran the DFV raceing was close and thrilling.

Of course you can't remove money from the equation,  but it should be about how well you can prepare the car and how well you can drive it.  Not how fat your wad is.

Personal when you have some huge advantage I really don't see the glory in winning.

Gimme Formula ford of Grands Prix any day.  :-)

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 11:49:13 pm »

And erm, getting back to my original question Huh

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 11:51:49 pm »

And erm, getting back to my original question Huh

Oh come on, you really can't expect that on a Sunday, can you?  Wink Grin Cheesy

Look on the bright side, we have managed to bounce your post up to the top several times  Kiss
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 11:54:48 pm »

Mr Invis is a bit of a smartarse with access to all the rulebooks - give him a bit of time!   Kiss
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 11:56:47 pm »

Please leave my toilet paper habits out of this thanks fran  Shocked Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: