Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 06:18:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: French Roads  (Read 4667 times)
rcutler
« on: May 22, 2005, 11:40:29 pm »

Just reading an article on French Roads Regulation changes.

New traffic monitoring cameras are to be fitted to RN's and Autoroutes to spot rear seated passengers not wearing a seatbelt!

Extra funding for Mobile Speed Traps within 100km of Calais!!!!!

Police are allowed to hide behind bridges etc. unlinke in the UK where they have to be visible!

It is now adviced to drive with your headlights on at all times. The Police can pull you over to tell you to put them on!! There will be no fine but the copper might find your alcoholic breath more of a problem!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 11:41:08 pm by Rick Cutler » Logged
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 11:55:38 pm »

You got any links Rick?

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 12:04:35 am »

I can confirm the rear seat belt regs, the police over here seem to have adopted a strange profile on such matters! , the headlight rule also seems to apply in all but the brightest daylight Huh

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 12:09:07 am »

Despite claims to the contrary by the French authorities, it is believed that by forcing drivers to have their headlights on at all times, it will be less obvious when an oncoming driver tries to warn somebody about a speed trap further up the road.  Sad Shocked
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 12:19:59 am »

Despite claims to the contrary by the French authorities, it is believed that by forcing drivers to have their headlights on at all times, it will be less obvious when an oncoming driver tries to warn somebody about a speed trap further up the road.  Sad Shocked

Now that I can belive.    

The worring thing is the new car I'm getting next week turns the lights on automagicaly when it gets dark.  I borrowed one to test drive and I'm not sure if it has light switch.  :-)     These new Renaults seem to be hi-tech.  My neighbour just got a Clio and you should have seen the dismay on his face when I asked him were the door lock was.  :-)

Tom.

garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 12:28:44 am »

Maybe so, but the French flash you on " main" beam to warn of police or a potential hazard ahead.

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 12:30:04 am »

Tom if that is the case how will you find the slot for the satnav disc Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 07:34:20 am »

No Problem there, I'm really good at taking things apart.  So I should be able to find a slot some place.  Not sure about putting it back together afterwards though.   Wink Wink

I was taught by Dr Cliff.  Do check out his web site.

rcutler
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 08:58:44 am »

Now that I can belive.    

The worring thing is the new car I'm getting next week turns the lights on automagicaly when it gets dark.  I borrowed one to test drive and I'm not sure if it has light switch.  :-)     These new Renaults seem to be hi-tech.  My neighbour just got a Clio and you should have seen the dismay on his face when I asked him were the door lock was.  :-)

Tom.

I hope Renaults have a lights switch, THEY ARE FRENCH CARS!!!!. Building your nations favourite cars when they don't comply with road regs would puzzle me!
SpriteII
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 09:58:04 am »

Changing a headlamp bulb on the latest Golf is a 15 minute dealer job which makes a mockery of having to carry a bulb kit with you.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 11:29:10 am »

Changing a headlamp bulb on the latest Golf is a 15 minute dealer job which makes a mockery of having to carry a bulb kit with you.

I suspect anyone with Xenon headlamps is in the same boat - in my owners manual regarding changing headlamp bulbs is just states 'Refer to Franchised dealer' so I won't be carrying any spares either. Anyway I don't fancy messing around with high voltage car electrics, with or without Marigolds....

Any of our French contributors like to comment on what the law is in this situation (the bulbs of course, not the rubber gloves).

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 12:19:02 pm »

15 minutes? easy life.
It took me 45 minutes to change both on a Land Rover Disco. It would have been a whole lot easier if I had 3 hands and 28 fingers.
 Must remember to start eating Muckdonalds burgers then I would maybe grow the extra.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 12:29:51 pm »

Try a sidelight bulb on a Pug 406.  Its on a stick, and twist it either way and it seems the whole lump of plastic is going to break.

And don't forget the beam deflectors.  They are normally a similart shape and you can see the marks on the glass and apply black take to fit.  Not the Pug, its @rse about face

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2005, 01:53:35 pm »

I suspect anyone with Xenon headlamps is in the same boat - in my owners manual regarding changing headlamp bulbs is just states 'Refer to Franchised dealer' so I won't be carrying any spares either. Anyway I don't fancy messing around with high voltage car electrics, with or without Marigolds....

Any of our French contributors like to comment on what the law is in this situation (the bulbs of course, not the rubber gloves).

Roadlights on during daylight isn't an obligation, just a recomendation and an experimentation to see how it affects road accidents decrease.

However French are French and this experimentation isn't really a success. maybe 1 on 5 driver does it !!!!

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: