Club Arnage
September 27, 2024, 01:19:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorhome. Worth buying a generator?  (Read 3837 times)
smuudge
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2005, 05:51:01 pm »

Hi all, weve hired a 6birth Marlin 65g Motorhome for Le mans this year. Although i know you can probably survive on the backup battery (maybe with the odd top from the engine) but im wondering if its worth getting a small generator off of Ebay as a backup.....your thoughts would be much appreciated! Roll on June..... Cheers.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 09:01:30 pm »

If your fridge runs on camping gaz, the radio runs on it's own batteries and the barbeque is used as a cooker you might get away with it. There are quite some proper camping-lights available nowardays.

If you still have doubts, check http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=2911 Gilles might be able to help...

My whole party will run on one generator, so that's two fridges, large freezer, huge stereo, quite an amount of lights and a few gadgets like beamer, PS2, satellite reciever etes all.
That's why I hired a 7kW for €90,- a week, expensive but reliable Undecided
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 09:04:11 pm by Paddy_NL » Logged

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
smuudge
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 09:59:28 pm »

Thanks. What sort of KW would you recommend for us (if i was to take the plunge and buy one) I have no idea what sort of power generator powers what!

The wagon obviously has a fridge, shower, interior lighting etc, and it would be nice to have some lighting in the gazebo!
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 10:13:39 pm »

Oh, those 650 watt-things will probably do then.

A fridge will only pull about 300 watts from time to time, lights are as much as you want to use (5 x 60 watts?)
The only doubt I have is a kettle, they normally go well over 1kW, somewhere 12-1400 I believe Undecided

Last year we got away with a 2,5kW, and we had lights, stereo, fridge and beerdraught machine. Oh, and I brought my air compressor too for the airbeds. Don't get too lazy now Grin
Above machines were fine, exept for the compressor. The lights went a kind of low when we used that thing Angry

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
rcutler
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 12:03:13 am »

Have a look in Macro we got a 850watt generator for £60. It is only a two stroke so a bit noisy but then who cares about the noise during the race. Make sure you switch it off at night otherwise other campers will sabotage it.
smuudge
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 12:26:20 am »

Macros & Ebay here we come!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: