Club Arnage
July 07, 2024, 03:28:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newhaven - Dieppe  (Read 3938 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2004, 04:38:22 pm »

The hoverspeed web page no longer has this route listed.

I have emailed them to see if the route has been suspended and this is the reply.

'There has not been a definite decision on the Newhaven to Dieppe route as yet but we are still taking bookings for next year, but you would need to ring our Call Centre for prices and availability'

Does anyone have any more info, could be a bugger as I have booked on the outgoing crossing wed afternoon. Huh

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 08:51:00 pm »

... could be a bugger as I have booked on the outgoing crossing wed afternoon. Huh

On this ?

Steve East Anglian cobras

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 09:35:49 am »

Not sure how that would fair on the English channel, but it is an option.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 10:13:05 am »

Nordic,
It looked like it had the potential for a fiasco, when Hoverspeed didn't release any APEX rates as promised in the Autumn.
Newhaven-Dieppe has always been our route of choice, but have shifted to Dover for the Speedferries.com route this year. Way cheaper, easily outweighing the extra miles involved.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 04:04:41 pm »

Hoverspeed are not publishing a Newhaven - Dieppe timetable for next year, as they are in negotiation with the local authority over here (France) for the sale of the fast ferry route. The French already own the port of Newhaven and Transmanche ferries http://www.transmancheferries.com/ . The latter are are little on the old side, but have charming crews. Two brand new ferries are under construction in Spain, which will put Transmanche on the same plane technically as Brittany Ferries, but at more reasonable prices.
There's also http://www.speedferries.com/speed_4.1.html and Hoverspeed Dover - Calais.
Have fun!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 04:19:46 pm »

Will Transmanche ferries operate a fast ferry by next June to replace the boats or as well as?

We are already booked to come back from Calais with Hoverspeed, but looking at the timetable, that has changed now so god knows what crossing we will be on!

No big deal going over from dover, just more miles this side of the channel and a less interesting drive.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 04:32:43 pm »

Will Transmanche ferries operate a fast ferry by next June to replace the boats or as well as?

As well as - that's if the deal goes through.Transmanche is primarily a freight line.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 01:11:57 pm »

Hoverspeed have put the Newhaven crossing back onto the web page. I hope this means the crossings will remain as before, but a 3rd crossing seems to have been added on some days

I gave the call centre a call, but I may as well have called the monkey house at London zoo for all the sense I got.

Does that mean that the Transmanche deal is not going to happen?

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
The Planman
CA Veteran

Fresh Orange Juice isn't fresh without Vodka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 01:55:53 pm »

same plane technically as Brittany Ferries, but at more reasonable prices.

Brittany Ferries go from Portsmouth to St Malo, it's only a 2 hour drive then to Le Mans if that helps?  No idea of prices mind.  Also, if an English South Coast crossing does factor in, there is always condorferries.co.uk.  The only snag with Condor is you visit Guernsey and Jersey on the way down, they do tend to be costly but it is a fast ferry service.

Enjoy

Planman
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 03:11:18 pm »

Does that mean that the Transmanche deal is not going to happen?
I've asked around here in the last few days. No one has any news. There was a lot of publicity about the proposed deal a few months ago, but all is quiet at the moment.
Newhaven - Dieppe by seacat is an excellent service. I would use it more if it operated year-round. If anyone needs any help concerning Dieppe and surrounding area, or about travel from there to LM, just ask via the forum or PM me. I live about 20 miles from Dieppe.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 06:16:18 pm »

Been a press release today that says a new ferry operator will be taking on the route, TranZarse Ferries. The boat's a bit unconventional mind.

* hboat1.jpg (12.83 KB, 414x207 - viewed 154 times.)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 06:20:38 pm »

This is more your style Andy  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: