Club Arnage
September 29, 2024, 01:29:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoverspeed Prices.  (Read 5345 times)
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2004, 12:41:55 pm »

We usually go Newhaven-Dieppe crossing.
hoverspeed have been saying for weeks that they will be releasing their APEX fares end of October.
Just rang them to find out that there will be no APEX fares this year.
Price quoted for Thursday to Monday, 2 people in a car was £238.00 - about £100 up on last years APEX fare.
Re-think time........

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 01:21:46 pm »

Same here, but if you do a price check on the web going out wed afternoon back monday morning the price works out to be £170ish (or at least it did last Friday).

I think this year we will go Dover Calais for 50 quid each way

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 01:33:00 pm »

we've just gone www.speedferries.com as reported elsewhere. £50 return........ruddy bargain!

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 01:44:42 pm »

Think we will be joining you, may wait for hoverspeed to price match before we book.

The speed ferries deal seems to good to be true and we don't know much about the company, June is a long time away yet.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 01:52:05 pm »

Speed Ferries are the Easy Jet of the waves. Book in advance and pay, and its cheap.

Book later and its more expensive.

No frills type.

They have been running for a over 18 months now.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 02:44:31 pm »

The Speed ferries catch.
Apprenty Speedferries only have one Boat (or did last year), my cousin used them last year and outward was fine, abit delayed (1.5hrs) but got across ok. However unknown to them the Boat then broke down and was out of service for a week, so when they got back for the retiurn journey the were given £25 back and avised to try Calais. Speedferries had been trying to call them - on their home number (ok fair enough if they have no alternative) and gave them a free booking for this year. So They did what they could - but imagine if the boat broke down the week of LM and you could'nt travel out and little chance of an alternative - our world would surley cave in!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2004, 03:44:38 pm »

Thanks for the info guys. i guess, if you pay less, ity's fair to expect less. But to be honest, 50 minutes on a boat, I think I only need a seat. If it goes tits up, I'll have to sort it. At present the risk seems worth the gamble. £190 more left in the kitty to enjoy myself with!!! That's the up side!
Hoverspeed have always had a ropey reliability record themselves. I can recall at least 2 crossings in the past 3 or 4 years where only one engine was working on the Seacat - conventional ferry would have been same speed.
We'll see........

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2004, 06:13:33 pm »

We've booked 8 (correction) 9 cars so far on Dover / Calais with Speedferries for £50 return.

The vessel, SpeedOne, is an Australian InCat vessel and is a sister to those used by the other Dover / Calais Seacat operators.
She was launched in June 1998 and was previously known as HMAS Jervis Bay (yes, a warship).

... sh*t, I've got my sado salty sea dog hat on again  Undecided

« Last Edit: November 02, 2004, 09:47:44 pm by S Brown esq. » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 12:12:51 am »

She was launched in June 1998 and was previously known as HMAS Jervis Bay (yes, a warship).

No problems if the French barracade the ports then!!!   Grin Grin Grin
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 09:01:02 pm »

We've booked 8 (correction) 9 cars so far on Dover / Calais with Speedferries for £50 return.

The vessel, SpeedOne, is an Australian InCat vessel and is a sister to those used by the other Dover / Calais Seacat operators.

... sh**t, I've got my sado salty sea dog hat on again  Undecided

Steve what day / time crossing are you doing, We thought about doing the 21.35 on Wed evening, booking an F1 or Ibis for that night and bashing down in the morning, and doing a similar thing on sunday night / monday - maybe stoping half way up. Prices are cheap enough to do it and pay extra fuel !
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 09:02:06 pm by IRW » Logged
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 09:28:05 pm »

There's a good place in Calais for o/nite stays, clean/basic/bar [with pool table] cheap enough, stopped there in september and would recomend, not the Ritz but  Wink Grin

http://www.activehotels.com/hotels/index.php3?hotelid=217977&trkref=IAG&LANGUAGE=en
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 10:48:45 pm »

Ian, we're booked on the 07:45 Wednesday 15th morning, returning on the 17:30 Monday 20th.

We'll have our usual multi car convoy A12, M25, M20 then motorway to Rouen and N138 to LM  Grin

Steve East Anglian cobras

TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 02:12:07 pm »

... sh**t, I've got my sado salty sea dog hat on again  Undecided

Dodgy place to sit on a helicopter if you ask me.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 02:19:12 pm »

Thanks Steve, might have to see you down there, Brads a bit limited on Holidays, hence the option of going out on the last boat Wed the stopping over and the blast down on Thursday. Or maybe the overnight Wed with the Self Presevation Crew seems to be an option agian - although highest cost,- or the Vomit comet Newhaven Dieppe?Huh Flippin heck need to make a decision!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: