Club Arnage
October 05, 2024, 10:12:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese buy F1 team !  (Read 6088 times)
Gav Astill
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 06:10:37 pm »

BBCi is now reporting that Tony Purnell "head of Fords premier vehicle division motorsport" is trying to put together a buyout deal to keep the team going in F1.

So maybe the Chinese Connection does exist ........
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 06:40:18 pm »

Its not just Jag F1 (no bad thing) closing or selling up, but Cosworth as well is for sale, that does suprise me as I always thought it earned money as a research company.
Minardi and Jordon are now without engines for next year.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 05:26:03 am »

A friend sent me this information which may explain the source of the Chinese rumour and adds the most unlikely Dofasco angle. How much steel is in a modern F1 car anyway?
Autoracing1.com
Aug. 18, 2004
We did some more research and analysis on this sale and here is how we think it will be structured by HSBC who are responsible for the sale.    HSBC has not yet announced the sequencing of the sale but we have to believe that whoever buys the Jaguar F1 team will have first shot at buying Cosworth.  The team could end up in the hands of the Canadian steel company Dofasco, which is planning its own F1 program according to Grandprix.com and had been planning to build the team from nothing.  
Canada Phil
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: