Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 04:11:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCC 2004 Brands Hatch  (Read 4467 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2004, 11:51:01 pm »

Anyone going to Brands this weekend ?

MG's are flying.

The SPS crew shall be there as are the Rhino Racing  boys.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 12:21:48 am »

Ok, so not a big take up on here.

But....

I said MG's were flying.

Mine flew into the back of a car on the way home. Plonker yes, but the pissed old fart needs to take a little of the blame !

Smokie - Was that you on the M25 sunday morning ?

* Whoops.jpg (44.42 KB, 500x479 - viewed 143 times.)

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 09:34:42 am »

I was there too Robbo and the MG's were certainly flying.... mainly into the gravel traps!

Sop not a good day for MG all round really, but hope you're ok mate. Did the pissed old fart get stuck on for it?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 09:41:00 am »

Robbo, I'd blame the co driver, obviously not paying attention!
Pissed Old Fart
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 11:40:06 am »

Dearie me.  There I was ambling home after a pre-prandial libation or three and this young chappie runs into the back of my velocipede.

You young things today rush around in your fancy vehicles thinking that you know it all and have no concern at all for other users of the Queen’s highway.

You will be receiving my account in due course!

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 01:28:43 pm »

Robbo, I'd blame the co driver, obviously not paying attention!

Even rich thought the old git was being senile.

And Andy , No he didnt get stuck on, i just exchanged and went, the temper in me was boiling away, it would have got very nasty. Not good for my job i think.

Pissed old farts wife
CA Veteran

All things in moderation

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 02:32:26 pm »

Well, Well, As Godfery said, he and I were just  ambling our way back from a swarrey at the Hen and Chickens and this young hoodlum comes flying out of the Autodrome and bashes our automobile in the botty. He must of being doing at least 8 miles per hour!! Well, well, do you know what he said, ah, such insolence - he said we should not have stopped!! well, everybody knows one should make absolutely sure there are no other vehicles in at least 100 yards of sight and if there are, one should only pull away when you can see the whites of there eyes! Do you know we saw 3 accidents that very morning, the standard of driving today is just atrocious, just as we pull away, these cars come charging up towards us, leave there braking far to late and then the one behind bashes him up the back, and then they have the audacity to shout and shake fists at Godfrey and I. Just no respect.
Anyway at least we know the nice man at the garage, I'm sure he will do the good job that he has done for the last 6 times, do you know he has got our name written in on his calendar - once a month all the way to Christmas!! - he says he like us Saga club members - nice and regular.
Oh well, at least this hoodlum turned out to be a polite young boy, said he wanted to be a policeman when he grows up, wasn’t very keen on his friend though - the shifty type, you know.
Well, must go know, time for bed, Godfreys be practising balancing those little blue pills on the end of his todger, doesn’t put any lead into it though, we always have to go back to the splint.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 04:33:53 pm by Pissed old farts wife » Logged
Felixs Cat
CA Veteran

I'm a mouser!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 07:17:00 pm »

There I was, minding my own business, playing on the road verge with a small weasel I had recently caught.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a fat rabbit making it's way along the gutter on the opposite side of the road.  Well, I thought, sod the weasel, there's good eating on a rabbit, especially the back legs.  And the skull is very crunchy.

So, abandoning all caution to the wind; without stopping, looking right, left and right and right again; I made to bound across the road.  The Green Cross Code man would have grimaced, I would have had my membership of the Tuffty Club revoked, and my dear old mum would have turned in her nine graves.

I'd just about reached the centreline when some old fart in a Maxi (who must have shut the engine off to save money on the down hill stretch) clipped my tail.
Well, I shat myself there and then and leapt up onto his bonnet.  Fortunately the Maxi was only doing about 20 mph so I pressed my arse against the windscreen and sprayed my pungent odour over his vinyl roof.

Mr and Mrs Old Fart were severly startled, so much so that he jumped on the brakes and she let out a high pitched yelp.  I reared up menacingly, did a quick macho hiss and bounded across onto the grass verge.

In all the excitement, I hadn't noticed that some young oik in a pretend MG has driving close behind Mr Fart's Maxi.  He obviously didn't see me and ran up the back, smashing various expensive bits of car.

This put the icing on the cake for me.  By now, the drivers were out of their cars and there was plenty pointing and cursing going on, so I shot up a nearby tree and watched the pantomime continue.

I haven't laughed so much in ages.  Grin

Felix's pussy
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 07:40:22 pm »

No I wasn't on the M25 on Sun am, but I was on the hard shoulder for an hour on Sat lunchtime - D'd an alloy on Friday but didn't realise till Saturday when the tyre deflated. New wheel £179 + VAT. Ouch. At least the 7 week old £100 tyre got the OK from the tyre people...

Then, later that day, the coolant warning came on. It shouldn't have done, cos I'd topped it up that morning cos it had come on the day before.  Aargh! My water's disappearing!! I think it is probably running round the engine...heads don't come cheap on the Omega either...

Am I happy? Nawwww....

Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 09:55:25 pm »

An old remedy for warped cylinder heads is to put English mustard in the cooling system. Meant to seal up small gaps, but who came up with it??

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ian murat
CA Veteran

mozilla firefox

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 11:13:36 pm »

its just a more pleasant smell than over cooked engine, the driver falls into a dreamy trance of mustard, steak and beer hypnotised by the smell, before BANG engine f***ed

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 12:47:15 pm »

Felix, My shot-gun licence has just been completed, i am now the proud owner of a 22 inch beauty.

Target practise near Brands Hatch in the morning . Kiss

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 04:54:06 pm »

Felix, My shot-gun licence has just been completed, i am now the proud owner of a 22 inch beauty.

Only 22 inches Robbo??!!  You haven't sawn off the end have you  Shocked
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 11:21:56 pm »

Only 22 inches Robbo??!!  You haven't sawn off the end have you  Shocked

Well, there is this guy from ireland, lives in a caravan just down the road in Flee Park, he reckons its fully legit . And he sounded so trusting.
 Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: