Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 12:50:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: product reviews  (Read 4162 times)
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2004, 06:58:29 pm »

Following Robbo’s review of coolers I thought that this thread may be of some use, and to stop bit and pieces of info ending up all over the site I felt that it would be good to keep it all in one place.

There must be lots of gadgets, gizmos etc that are of use and some of no use at all, there must be people like me who want to know but are afraid to ask.

I’ve always wanted to know about powered coolers but didn’t want to ask in the shop or buy one in case it turned out to be a lemon.  So Robbo’s review has answered the questions.

So I hope that this thread is where people can advise on products that may be of some use and some to be avoided.  No product placements, but at times brand names can’t be avoided.

It may be that we all have that product so, it doesn’t matter just comment on it the adage its better\ better five people call the fire brigade than no one springs to mind

I know where the thread may go, if you really want to review products of pleasure then fair enough, but it only reflects on you.

I’ll start the ball rolling:

Fold up chairs

A must, the type that pack into the bag and can be carted around, better than stools can be purchased with foot rests.  Vary in price from £4.99, usually have drinks holder in one of the arms, more convenient than traditional fold-up chairs.

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 07:07:00 pm »

Generators

Best to hire for a week for Le Mans, Expect to pay about  £55 for  2kw unit. This uses a 5 litre of Unleaded per day on full tilt.
The units are approx 21inches long and 17inches high.

A 2kw unit will provide enough power for . Lights, Fridge freezer, TV , satalitte Dish PowerStereo, Phone charger, Battery chargers and fairy lights. Hair straightners ( dont ask ) and a hair dryer can then be added, but will require all but the fridge unplugging

It WONT take Kettles

Experience has found that a silent version is better, but comes in a minimum 3 kw size and is nearly 3 times the size of the 2KW unit. Fuel consumption is approx 6.5 litres per day.

DONT FORGET TO TAKE 10W-40 Oil.

Its easier to hire these as they are very expensive to buy a good quality one, like HONDA produce.

Dont forget to take a good lock, to keep it attached to your car, trailer or fence. The pikeys will have it otherwise.

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 11:31:43 pm »

We had a 2.3 kW genny from Makro. Some unknown brand but at £199+vat it was a bargain. We were running a bit more off of it than Robbo so we used more fuel, about 55 litres over the 4 days, but we were running:

Fridge
Chest Freezer
3 x 12V coolboxes via adapter
1 x 12V coolbox via mains
TV/Video Unit
DVD Player
Electric Kettle (you should hear the genny kick in extra power as you turn it on!!)

Couldn't do Le Mans without electric now. And we call it "camping"  Smiley

With regard to coolboxes, we use the ones from Carrefour. They are teh size of  astandard coolbox but work off 12V and 240V. They come with both cables and also have a hot/cold switch so can be udes to keep things warm too (handy back in the UK) £30 each!!
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 06:43:51 pm »

Just as an alternative here...

You can get about 7.5 kw power out of the petrol generator on an Infinity motorhome - enough to power as many fridges, fairy lights and satallite bits as you want - yours for around £90 000 second hand!

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 07:11:57 pm »

Or..........

.....the Pontiac V8 in my cobra works out at about 225 kW.  So, with a decent AC generator strapped onto the flywheel, I could probably run a small housing estate.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 08:14:26 pm »

Absolute must in any foray to Le Mans is the H Bomb.  Makes any party have more fun per sq m.  Also secondary devise can supervise the camp swimming pool and provide instruction/guidance if the antics are a bit of a damp squib.

* helen.jpg (37.67 KB, 400x490 - viewed 257 times.)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 08:15:56 pm »

Absolute must in any foray to Le Mans is the H Bomb.  

Let me know when they are on buy on get one free...
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 08:31:18 pm »

Un/fortunately ole son there is only one H Bomb!
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 04:50:44 pm »

Un/fortunately ole son there is only one H Bomb!

Don't think the tickers of some of the older members of CA could cope with two H Bombs Grin
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 05:01:53 pm »

It'd be fun trying tho...  Wink
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 07:32:49 pm »

I do know someone else that would compliment H Bomb, more of a later day cruise missile.  More of a precision guided munition as opposed to the ole' fashioned big stick.

Would it be worthwhile bringing them both together at the same time?

Remember Jim positive matter and anti matter cannee occupy the same space-time continuum.  Or words similar to that.

* Ferrari_Poster.jpg (18.59 KB, 203x294 - viewed 161 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: