Club Arnage
July 08, 2024, 12:31:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Paris !  (Read 7357 times)
Truffette
CA Veteran

Carpe diem !

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2004, 07:14:07 pm »

Hi guys !

I'm a newbie here, I'm from Paris, I've been reading that forum for a few month but it's my first time posting here ! Smiley

I'll introduce myself briefly : I'm a 27 yrs old girl, I love endurance races (especially Le Mans), I hate Formula one, I have a go-kart and used to race in local competitions during 2 years but I had to stop because of money Sad I also have an old 911, it used to be an SC at the beginning, but now transformed as a 3.0 RS replica (had to work more than 2 years on it). I go on track with it, and I also drive it during historical meetings.
I like old english cars, many friends of mine have ones (MGs, Austin Healeys, Triumphs, Lotus, Jaguars, TVRs, etc...) and I'm very impressed when I see all of you guys from England having so many beautiful cars, perfectly restored, with powerful engines... Your country is a dream for car lovers ! Smiley

I hope we'll meet one day at Le Mans or somewhere in England (I've planned to go to Silverstone next August...)

Truffette : o)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 11:11:54 pm »

Welcome Truffette!

Mark 20?? Lemons G has a friend, Tanya, who doesn't visit here but also drives karts. You should find her when you come over! She lives not too far from Silverstone...
ChrisConsidine
Club Arnage Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 03:19:34 am »

Ahh, a fellow karter.  Hey if you ever make it to Los Angeles, look me up and we'll go karting.  That goes for anyone else on the board too.

Chris

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com
ridefast
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 09:11:53 am »

Hi guys !

I'm a newbie here, I'm from Paris, I've been reading that forum for a few month but it's my first time posting here ! Smiley

I'll introduce myself briefly : I'm a 27 yrs old girl, I love endurance races (especially Le Mans), I hate Formula one, I have a go-kart and used to race in local competitions during 2 years but I had to stop because of money Sad I also have an old 911, it used to be an SC at the beginning, but now transformed as a 3.0 RS replica (had to work more than 2 years on it). I go on track with it, and I also drive it during historical meetings.
I like old english cars, many friends of mine have ones (MGs, Austin Healeys, Triumphs, Lotus, Jaguars, TVRs, etc...) and I'm very impressed when I see all of you guys from England having so many beautiful cars, perfectly restored, with powerful engines... Your country is a dream for car lovers ! Smiley

I hope we'll meet one day at Le Mans or somewhere in England (I've planned to go to Silverstone next August...)

It all souds almost too good to be real. I thought such girls exist only in fairy tales for motorsport freaks. If you ever happen to visit Poland, let me know, but please watch out for those trams in Warsaw (I hope you get well soon Paula Smiley ). I suppose you will get much more invitations from CA members. We are really friendly creatures Smiley

Great to have you with us Truffette
Truffette
CA Veteran

Carpe diem !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 09:48:22 am »

Hi all !

thanks for your invitations  Wink
L.A. is quite far from home ! I've never been to california but I'd like to Smiley I've only visited the eastern coast...
Never been to Poland either...
Well, I thought there were only english people here, I was wrong  Wink

I hope we meet some day... I often go to London for a week end or for a few days with some friends of mine... Do some of you live in London ? I'll tell you next time I come !  Cheesy

see you !

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 09:38:29 am »

Hi all !

thanks for your invitations  Wink
Do some of you live in London ? I'll tell you next time I come !  Cheesy

see you !

Some of us meet in London for drinks occasionally.  If you let us know when you are comong over, we can try and arrange something  Cheesy

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
rcutler
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 11:03:03 am »

Carpe Diem is a great comment under your name. I bought a racing bike a last year which has this on the top tube. I typed it into a search engine and it comes up with "Sieze the Day" Great Slogon and an elegant way of saying it.

I meet in London with Gibberish and many others. Would be happy to meet anyone else interesting in motorsport especially those against F1.

See you in london one day then.
Dijon Mustard
CA Veteran

Now that's the mustard!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 05:21:21 pm »

Ridefast said it right, women like you are far too few.   A woman who loves racing, karting, and Porsches....Will you marry me?

Truffette
CA Veteran

Carpe diem !

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 06:21:51 pm »

nice ring Wink

Sorry, you're all very cool guys but I'm already married...  Sad
And do you know what my husband told me last night, as I was telling him about all of you ? He said you imagine me as a perfect girl coz you've never seen me when I'm with him in the garage, working on the 911, and 2 hours later I tell him I want to go back home to sleep, as he could stay there all night long Wink
Well, actually, he's right, I prefer to sit in the car, fasten my harness, and drive for hours, than to spend 2 or 3 nights in the garage, working on boring mechanical stuff  Cheesy

opposite locker
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 12:32:40 am »

Bet there are a lot of long faces in the forum now  Grin

Hi BTW. I haven't been to these forums for ages, I gota get used to it again now.

Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 10:53:47 am »

Quite jealous not being the only French any more !

Still have the autochtone advantage BTW...

... and attending to the 24H Karting this week-end as a sponsor  Cool !!!

This year the karting scrutineering will take place  Smiley...
... on the Jacobins' Square, but without Drivers's Parade or Hawaians'  Undecided

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: