Club Arnage
July 02, 2024, 02:00:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood Revival  (Read 10366 times)
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 09:41:11 pm »

Thanks. Went to the practice on Friday evening. There are at least 3 different Air Cadets squadrons involved and they will be part of the Battle of Britain celebration at 1.40pm. They will be marching from the direction of the shell building along the start finish straight carrying standards. They will then line up opposite the pits while the celebrations go on.
As the cadets are marching according to height, my lad is about 3/4 of the way along, although the cadets would be most grateful of any good pics.
Hopefully the marching will be a bit more coordinated and straighter than Friday. Goodwood looked good though, can't wait.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 10:55:58 pm »

Thanks. Went to the practice on Friday evening. There are at least 3 different Air Cadets squadrons involved and they will be part of the Battle of Britain celebration at 1.40pm. They will be marching from the direction of the shell building along the start finish straight carrying standards. They will then line up opposite the pits while the celebrations go on.
As the cadets are marching according to height, my lad is about 3/4 of the way along, although the cadets would be most grateful of any good pics.
Hopefully the marching will be a bit more coordinated and straighter than Friday. Goodwood looked good though, can't wait.

Rhino,

I'll be in Chicane, so should have good views and will see what I can do.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 09:22:37 am »

There all 3 days, let me know as well, more shots better than none

Wooosh!!!!
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 07:41:48 am »

Thanks. Will have final details tonight. As he is helping at the cadet stand in the village across the road all 3 days it would be nice to know what time to drop him off in the morning!

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Rachelle123

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 11:31:21 am »

I'm waiting for you...r details Grin coque protection galaxy J1 coque galaxy J1 pas cher
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:59:55 am by Rachelle123 » Logged
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 05:28:44 pm »

At last i found out.  As stated above they are parading before the Battle of Britain celebration at 1.40pm. Thanks in advance.

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 12:40:28 am »

Rhino,

I'll be in Chicane, so should have good views and will see what I can do.

Aricus

Hi!

The cadets came out on the startling side of me. I have some pictures, but alas they were facing away from me.

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 07:10:40 am »

Thanks for trying. Had been told the shell building corner but that was for the jeeps. Thanks for keeping an eye out for them.
Rhino

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 04:15:14 am »

I'm going Sunday. On the Tuesday after there are 35 Spitfires and Hurricanes taking part in a Battle of Britain memorial flight from Goodwood.
http://www.boultbeeflightacademy.co.uk/#!BOULTBEE-FLIGHT-ACADEMY-ANNOUNCE-THE-SOUTH-OF-ENGLAND-FLYPAST-TO-COMMEMORATE-THE-75TH-ANNIVERSARY-OF-THE-BATTLE-OF-BRITAIN/c1684/5526205b0cf2aa181193bc36

Bugger. Clashes with my squadron's reunion that day to celebrate the 100th anniversay of its formation.....which is in London. I suspect  not, but it'll be interesting to see if their flight path includes going overhead the city!

MG Mark

Quite happy to attend on your behalf old boy! Smiley

My dear chap, what a topping idea. Most kind. Please be so good as to get your lad to give them a good wave off on my behalf.

MG Mark

Cap duly doffed Sir, and toasted with Old Speckled hen by self, Woolly, Rex and Queen Vic. It was a fabulous and emotive display  as  the different sections took off, formed up and headed away to their own designated destinations to pay homage. We were pretty much on the threshold, so got some marvellous shots of them overhead at full chat.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:16:47 am by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 11:19:00 pm »

I'm going Sunday. On the Tuesday after there are 35 Spitfires and Hurricanes taking part in a Battle of Britain memorial flight from Goodwood.
http://www.boultbeeflightacademy.co.uk/#!BOULTBEE-FLIGHT-ACADEMY-ANNOUNCE-THE-SOUTH-OF-ENGLAND-FLYPAST-TO-COMMEMORATE-THE-75TH-ANNIVERSARY-OF-THE-BATTLE-OF-BRITAIN/c1684/5526205b0cf2aa181193bc36

Bugger. Clashes with my squadron's reunion that day to celebrate the 100th anniversay of its formation.....which is in London. I suspect  not, but it'll be interesting to see if their flight path includes going overhead the city!

MG Mark

Quite happy to attend on your behalf old boy! Smiley

My dear chap, what a topping idea. Most kind. Please be so good as to get your lad to give them a good wave off on my behalf.

MG Mark

Cap duly doffed Sir, and toasted with Old Speckled hen by self, Woolly, Rex and Queen Vic. It was a fabulous and emotive display  as  the different sections took off, formed up and headed away to their own designated destinations to pay homage. We were pretty much on the threshold, so got some marvellous shots of them overhead at full chat.

Fantastic - many thanks for that  - and I haven't forgotten rank tabs that are due for a certain young chap - will sort soon! While I missed it at Goodwood, getting to the squadron reunion at the RAF Club in London instead was simply bloody marvellous - many of us hadn't seen each otber for a about 30 years, so amongst a lot of ale a lot of catching up was done.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: