Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 04:35:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audi F1 ???  (Read 4774 times)
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »

On the BBC web page a bloke fron Red Bull said they would leave F1 unless Audi help them with engines and hybrid system. Yet another rumour 'bout the F1 AND VW group.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
cja

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 08:18:36 pm »

It's odd, all this Audi to F1 stuff, as I really can't see how F1 would benefit Audi, unless it's with a diesel engine, & we know what the Poisoned Dwarf feels about any radical changes.

I can imagine Red Bull in the WEC, though.......a progressive formulae and free-range for Newey to have a play with, once he's finished with his pond yachts, of course........

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 03:38:07 pm »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/18/uk-motor-racing-audi-f-idUKKBN0O312V20150518?irpc=932

Germany's Audi has no plans to enter Formula One, the company said on Monday, seeking to end speculation that the sportscar maker was tempted to broaden its commitment to motor racing.

"This is not a topic for us," a spokesman for the premium brand, which is owned by Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE), said.

German daily Handelsblatt on Monday reported that Audi Chief Executive Rupert Stadler had ruled out an entry into Formula One after speculation of a partnership with former champions Red Bull.

"Formula One needs to solve its problems on its own," Handelsblatt quoted Stadler as saying in its Monday edition. The sport, in which Ferrari and Mercedes race, is seeking to make cars faster and louder again to maintain its allure.

Last week Stadler was quoted as saying Formula One remained an option for Audi. He told Britain's Auto Express magazine website that "in life you must keep things open", in response to a question about the sport.

There has long been speculation about whether Audi might be tempted into Formula One, and it increased after Volkswagen's (VOWG_p.DE) Chairman Ferdinand Piech quit last month.

Piech was seen as being strongly opposed to Formula One where top teams have annual budgets of over $200 million.

Audi competes in the Le Mans annual endurance race, the German Touring Car series and the fledgling Formula E competition for electric powered cars.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 03:35:53 am »

Piech Quit ?? Threw the toys out of the pram and went off in a huff??
Why would a Chairman quit? Inquiring minds care....a little but not much  Grin
Phil
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 06:46:53 pm »

I saw an interview between Bernie and Eddie when Eddie asked about Piech saying that "Audi would not enter F1 while he was in charge? Bernie shrugged his shoulders and said "I haven't heard that"  Huh Heard but not heard?
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 07:44:38 pm »

Sounds like Viki Pollard is the PR girl. Well you see Berni, well she a slag and see did it with you know how, but i cant say but, yea,but no, but yea, but yea but. etc...

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 08:22:52 pm »

On the BBC page today VW close to buying out Red Bull F1. There must be something init, because Eddie Jordan said so!

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 10:01:31 am »

I can see manufacturers moving away from diesel more towards petrol given what's been going on in recent years, at least in Europe - having encouraged switching to diesel for a decade or two the reverse is being encouraged now. So one of the big manufacturers moving in that direction and showcasing it in F1 might not be so surprising.

While loads of manufacturers are playing with hybrids and EVs, I suspect Audi has another card up its sleeve in the diesel game - google "diesel synthetic fuel" and see what they've been doing with air and water this year.....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 02:14:10 pm »

Can't see it myself,  Unless VW are going to re-launch the Auto Union brand....

Audi couldn't use diesel in F1, and as we all know F1 would cost far more than they spend in the WEC and DTM

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 08:02:28 pm »

Audi dont need to benefit. Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat, Skoda F1 !!!! Ducati or even MAN trucks could be the badge on a VAG car. But would the company leave WEC. That is the point.

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 04:03:24 am »

I can see manufacturers moving away from diesel more towards petrol given what's been going on in recent years, at least in Europe - having encouraged switching to diesel for a decade or two the reverse is being encouraged now. So one of the big manufacturers moving in that direction and showcasing it in F1 might not be so surprising.

While loads of manufacturers are playing with hybrids and EVs, I suspect Audi has another card up its sleeve in the diesel game - google "diesel synthetic fuel" and see what they've been doing with air and water this year.....

MG Mark

Very prescient words Sir, in view of this week's shenanigans coming to light. Smiley Audi will be lucky to enter the local banger oval with the financial reaming coming their way.

The grand deceit of VAG must surely give cause for short term concern for the future of diesels at Le Mans. Audi's whole raison d'etre must now be in doubt, not to mention the billions they have to find to cover fines and product recalls. It's perfectly possible we won't be seeing them back at Sarthe any time soon. One must wonder if their software cheating extended as far as pulling the wool over the eyes of a compliant ACO?

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 11:37:06 pm »

Indeed, interesting times ahead and it will be interesting to see how they respond, given that one of their reasons to go racing was develpoment and pitching to the US adage of "win on a Sunday, sell on a Monday".  And when under financial pressure, racing and development are one of the first to go. 

That said Le Mans has been a great R&D ground for them - aside from better injection systems, fuel economy and emissions (ooopzs....) how else would road cars have benefited by getting those immensely annoying led light strings..... mind you, having mentioned their production of synthetic diesel, they've also been developing the gas and petrol equivalents. So, maybe we'll see a new Garage 56 entry....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: