Club Arnage
June 26, 2024, 03:12:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferrari back to LM in 2015?  (Read 9789 times)
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 03:05:59 pm »

...well, aren't you special!  I was at the start/finish line at the first 3-hour Daytona Continental when Dan Gurney bumped the starter to move his car across the line to win...so there... Cool

http://www.sportscardigest.com/happy-40th-anniversary-porsche-917-photo-gallery/?awt_l=MaWBA&awt_m=K510G4EYUus.C0
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:44:00 pm by gatordad » Logged

Too Dumb For Opera, too smart for NASCAR
BMW_CSL

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 05:06:20 am »

...well, aren't you special!  I was at the start/finish line at the first 3-hour Daytona Continental when Dan Gurney bumped the starter to move his car across the line to win...so there... Cool

http://www.sportscardigest.com/happy-40th-anniversary-porsche-917-photo-gallery/?awt_l=MaWBA&awt_m=K510G4EYUus.C0

Quite impressive indeed!
Are you in any of the pictures that show the Gurney car as it sits just in front of the start/finish line? I couldn't make it to that race since I wasn't born till 1963.

To bring it back on topic, it was a thrill for me to see Paul Newman and others drive Ferrari Daytona's, 512BB's,333sp's around the banking and It would be great to see, (though looking very unlikely)  a true factory derived prototype turning laps at Daytona & Sebring.

By the way what was it like to see to the full blown factory battles between Ferrari and Porsche?  I have read stories and talked to my brother who attended the races and it sounds like an amazing time.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 05:56:11 pm »

Could it be true? I hope so.

* Ferrari-LeMans.jpg (129.85 KB, 646x396 - viewed 311 times.)

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
jimclark

(nothing more needs to be said)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 07:56:52 pm »

...well, aren't you special!  I was at the start/finish line at the first 3-hour Daytona Continental when Dan Gurney bumped the starter to move his car across the line to win...so there... Cool

Was that the year Niki was at Sebring, mebbe???  angel Evil

Also, I spoke to Dan at Sebring in '75 and he said he didn't use the starter; rather, he used the banking to git the car rolling again.  Wink

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

Lofty, have you got a link to where the photo originates from. Sure i saw something over on Mulsanne Mike's and that it may be a test bed for their F1 program.

Team J.E.D.I
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 07:17:02 pm »

Oi Oi Pat.I just typed ferrari le mans 2015 into Google and Bobs your auntie.LMP1 news i think was the question.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:47:04 pm by lofty » Logged

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 07:33:21 pm »

The boss said it was a good way to split the cost of the hybrid system by racing in 2 different series.What was the point in F1 having limited amounts of engines then building a very expensive hybrid system.

J.E.D.I.
i want to be in a gang
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »

Well, it certainly doesn't conform to current LMP1 regs,  looks more hyper-car'ish to me.

But Ferrari have certainly been using an LMP type car to test their F1 engine and hybrid systems.

I guess they need to get the F1 car sorted before they move on to proper racing  Grin

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 03:10:24 pm »

Those shots are from way the end of last year/start of this year some time there is even youtube footage of it supposedly a test bed for the F1 engine see below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXNLQQC_AGU

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: