Club Arnage
July 05, 2024, 07:02:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't kepp a good man down  (Read 2803 times)
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2003, 05:13:03 am »

The following quote from the news wire: "Zanardi, in just his second competitive race since losing both legs in a crash during a CART event two years ago, finished fourth with a team comprised of CART drivers Oriol Servia, Michel Jourdain Jr. and Vasser."
Some of you will remeber Alex Zanardi from his F1 days with Lotus. He was a very popular CART Champion with
team mate Jimmy Vasser runing for Chip Gannassi.
The above quote refers to a go Kart race in Brazil.
Montoya was 17th so some serious copetion.
Canada Phil

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 05:27:40 am »

Excellent, it sounds like he has the determination of people like Douglas Bader.

Steve East Anglian cobras

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 02:35:28 pm »

The guy is a complete hero.

He competed in a DTM series race back in October driving a specially adapted BMW with steering wheel mounted controls for throttle and clutch, and some sort of adaptation so the brakes could be operated by thigh!

In race 1 he was involved in a first corner incident with half a dozen others. Not to be put off by something as trivial as that in the 2nd race he finished 7th. Pretty damned good without a lot of practice and when others who finished ahead included Jorg Muller, Tom Coronel,  and Gabrielle Tarquini in places 1, 2 and 3...

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 11:44:03 pm »

Hi,
It was a FIA Touring car race, not DTM. The series that runs along side the FIA GT Championship.

Come on guys, lets all vote for Zanardi in the Autosport awards for International Driver of the year.

Damn he has earned it.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 09:13:36 am »

Oops, My mistake. Of course it was the FIA GT.

Still, he gets my vote.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Fax
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 11:38:53 pm »

I don't think anyone who has followed Zanardi's career is surprised at his determination and bravery, anyone who saw the pass he pulled on Brian Herta at Laguna Seca a few years will testify to that.  He did a remarkable interview on Speed Channel not long ago and what he said was quite candid.  Basically said that had he not been for CART's full time medical staff being on the scene he probably would not have survived.  Doctor's Terry Trammel & Steve Olvey were on top of the car virtually before the debris stopped flying.  Both of his femoral arteries were severed and was hemorrhaging terribly.  They were able to get the bleeding under control in seconds and certainly saved his life.
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: