Club Arnage
September 24, 2024, 10:37:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peugeot Stops LMP1 Program With Immediate Effect  (Read 16895 times)
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 03:24:51 pm »

I am in total agrement with you LB, still time to sort out 2012 and get the grid filled but the FIA needs to leave sportscar racing alone, or is it's plan still to ruin everything else so Formula boring survives.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 04:46:26 pm »

Didn't Peugeot run a Hybrid car at LM last year?

Maybe the aforementioned is right - maybe they are cutting their losses on the 2012 season, with a full hyrid offering on the cards for 2013, or 2014, with a view to challenging Toyota.  Maybe this isn't so bad afterall....If it is anywhere near being clear that Toyota could challenge Audi with the Hybrid, then Peugeot will have a years development on Audi, and you would THINK they'd be that much more ready to challenge.

Or maybe....Peugeot have decided that because I'm not going to LM this year, that it's just not worth competing Cheesy

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
gt6

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 04:52:20 pm »

They did have one but it never actual raced or appeared in June, it was that bad I think
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 09:26:32 pm »

I would suggest that if Audi do not get too much (any) competition in LMP1 they will either pull out or change the group they race in. There is not a lot of sense in spending so much money in a group where you get a basic walkover running at 90%, when you could generate a lot of interest in a car, which looks like your road car - souped up R8's etc with a bucket load of money spent, meaning more than is spent on semi-privateer at the moment, would do them no end of good, I think.

BUT,

I know nothing about the sport so with leave it to my notoriously eloquent (read his last post above) LM buddy Dr Sconefinger (have not seen that in a while Si)

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 12:14:00 pm »

I think Audi will continue with an LMP project for at least a few years now, but as you say, may now devote a little more time to developing the GTE R8. The Audi was so much faster than the other non Peugeot prototypes last season, and being that it will take Toyota a few seasons to get anywhere close, they can easily afford to ease development on the prototype. The R18 still has a few years left in it, a few years where even at it's current level it will have little opposition. It has given them plenty of breathing space to plan a replacement over the next few years.

As Martin rightly states, there is much to be gained in campaigning a car that looks like a road car (this is why Audi are a big player in DTM). I expect an increased programe in GTE but not as a replacement to a LMP programe. Audi are very good at showing relevence between winning in a car that looks nothing like the cars we drive and it's direct benefits to those cars we drive in terms of technology improvement- a trick missed by Peugeot. So great is this promotion that a withdrawl from LMP would be a massive backward step.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Robbo
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

"ANTHEM"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 02:56:08 pm »

Audi will run 2 diesel hybrids (R18H) and 1 or 2 standard diesels (R18+) as backups in order to try and become the first team to win at Le Mans using hybrid technology which would steal some serious headlines off Toyota!

The diesel hybrid technology will be relevant into their roadcars as well!

Pessimist - Glass half empty
Optimist - Glass half full
Engineer - Glass twice as big as needed
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 06:36:45 pm »

Am I wrongly assuming Toyotas Hybrid to be petrol powered??

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 07:17:04 pm »

Your assumption is correct. Petrol.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2012, 09:58:04 am »

Your assumption is correct. Petrol.

And doesn't it look like that lovely Dome from a few years back? I hope it's just as loud too.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: