Club Arnage
July 01, 2024, 04:40:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monza suggestions  (Read 8694 times)
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 08:46:37 pm »

I marshall the GP every year at Spa, and have done so twice at Monza. We have been able to climb (not walk up )the banking in the week preceding the GP and it is so full of history, you can almost hear and feel the cars thundering around it !! I'm not sure what Ascari is like from a speccy point of view but it was awesome as a marshall, that is one experience I will never forget as they came under the baking and " attempted " to get through the first left hander !! As has been said the Parabolica and also the first chicane are special places to be but  then so is the whole circuit, it just leeks history and passion out of every pore.
The same as Spa one of the true great places left to experience in the sport. If you do go to Spa do take the time to go round the old long circuit ( I saw the last GP on it won by Pedro Rodriguez ) who held the lap record in the 917, spent 8 mins in top gear, didn't lift for the Masta kink and went round the slightly banked corner at Stavelot at 185 mph  !!!!
Both awesome circuits !

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Bentley boy
CA Veteran

A quoi bon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 01:25:26 pm »

Fax can do Brooklands when he stays here,   it's only 30 mins from my place. The museum is terrific, and haven't been to Mercedes World either so we could do both.

Have to agree with you there  Grin, well I am a volunteer there on the Concorde, if you come on a Saturday I might be able to help with a tour around the place.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 06:23:55 am »

Just finished watching the two World Superbike rounds from Monza that Speed TV re-broadcast earlier this week.  Can't fricking wait to see Monza in person.  Must admit, it was a bit comical when Johnny Rea dumped the bike at the Parabolica, went looking for it to re-mount, and couldn't find it because it had bounced over the tire barrier.  Jesus, the bikes look a handful around the old autodromo...
Fax
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 11:59:12 pm »

Fax can do Brooklands when he stays here,  Wink it's only 30 mins from my place. The museum is terrific, and haven't been to Mercedes World either so we could do both.

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/MBWorldBrooklands/home/your_day_out/attractions.html

Let me know if and when this happens, will try and make the trip up, its been a while since I been, was a Friend of Brooklands for many years and it would be good to meet the infamous Fax.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: