Club Arnage
July 04, 2024, 06:37:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone know where this is located?  (Read 3952 times)
mackteck

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2010, 02:51:22 pm »

aco members Passion 24 campsite
http://ticket1.lemans.org/catalogue/produit_ticket.asp?id=20AF68E2-5D4B-4ECD-8579-74CC29565690&lg=en
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 04:23:12 pm »

If you look at the north end of the track on Google Maps, find the Dunlop Bridge.

North of that is the D323, and there's a footbridge [Co-ordinates: 47.959561, 0.21156] crossing to an area bordered by the D323 to the south, the Avenue du Panorama to the north, Rue de Laigné to the west & an industrial unit to the east.

I'll put money on that being the area in question.

Paul.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 04:47:06 pm »

Thats Tertre Rouge parking, they may have allocated some of that for camping though.
Nick M

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:15:13 pm »

If it's where it was last year, it's on the inside of the circuit (the village side) to the east of the Dunlop bridge where the car dive down to the Esses.

It's actually bloody annoying because that was a cracking place to watch the cars burst out from under the bridge and swoop down the hill, but now you can only get to see that from the outside (the side where the band stage is), which isn't nearly so good IMO.
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:33:50 pm »

If it's where it was last year, it's on the inside of the circuit (the village side) to the east of the Dunlop bridge where the car dive down to the Esses.

It's actually bloody annoying because that was a cracking place to watch the cars burst out from under the bridge and swoop down the hill, but now you can only get to see that from the outside (the side where the band stage is), which isn't nearly so good IMO.

Sure your not talking about the new welcome centre, that's where you describe, with a private viewing area for ACO members.
I don't recall seeing any tents there last year.
Nick M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 12:18:57 am »

Sure your not talking about the new welcome centre, that's where you describe, with a private viewing area for ACO members.
I don't recall seeing any tents there last year.

Ah, I may be mixing up my ACO areas then  Embarrassed

Looks like this is new for 2010, and where landman suggested it was:

"//NEW IN 2010 :ACCESS TO THE PASSION 24 CAMPSITE AND PARKING AREA
during the "24 Heures du Mans". Benefit from a private parking area and campsite, exclusively reserved for Passion 24 VIP and Gold members, situated at only a short distance from the space reserved for concerts, the Espace Privilège Club ACO and the track !"
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 12:20:01 am »

Barry is right. This is the new welcome area at the back of the dunlop bridge inside the circuit.

Andy
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 10:36:55 am »

I'm off to the circuit shortly to pick up my tickets and I will confirm exactly where this is but I'm 99% sure that Landman is correct.  I'm interested to know if it will be easier for me than Bleu which is a bore on wheels but I think the footbridge might just ruin the idea.  I'll report back.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: